PDA

View Full Version : Drinking in the Office

IndieMatty
12-29-2004, 04:01 PM
I'm still a bit hungover from last night, and now a quasi retirement party is about to start. Nothing like a few cold ones in the office.

Updates as Warranted...

Oh please provide your work/drinking related stories here.

jakethebake
12-29-2004, 04:12 PM
When I was in the Marine Corps, I went to Marine Security Guard School to train to be an embassy guard. On thing they did was take us all over to the State Department building in Washington for an exercise.

We were charged with basically ransacking the building to try to find as much unsecured classified material as possible. Whenever we found some, we turned it in and left a little ticket in its place. So the employee then had to turn it in to get the classified material back, and got cited for leaving it unsecured.

Anyway, we went through the building for like six hours, and I swear to you that at least 25% of the desks had bottles of booze in them. We were told to just ignore it. But I did hear someone got sacked for the cocaine I found in one drawer.

CCx
12-29-2004, 05:01 PM
My company has a happy hour every two weeks. We get a keg in and put it on the deck, and at 3pm on Friday's convene in the kitchen/lounge, and in the warmer months on the deck as well and drink our faces off. It's a great time, for as much as I don't enjoy spending 'social' time with a majority of the people in my office, I do enjoy the hell out of free beer /images/graemlins/grin.gif

FatMan
12-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Management used to provide beer and pizza on Friday afternoons where I work. After we were bought out and the new owners ran the company into the ground that all stopped. We just had our departmental Christmas party and we had to pay for our meals, but the director of our department picked up the bar tab.

IndieMatty
12-29-2004, 05:31 PM
5 drinks in..only one ontoward comment about relating the Dow Jones in 1978 to Patrick Ewing's SAT score.

jakethebake
12-29-2004, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5 drinks in..only one ontoward comment about relating the Dow Jones in 1978 to Patrick Ewing's SAT score.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
12-29-2004, 05:45 PM
hmm, now I really hate my job. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

IndieMatty
12-29-2004, 06:17 PM
Just made the mistake of discussing poker with co-workers. Bad idea.

7 beers. One champagne.

B00T
12-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Word of advice. Dont EVER wear a Pokerstars, UB, Party polo to work on dress down Fridays. You will get BOMBARDED by people and their stories.

And no MicroBob did not hack my forum account and post as me. I PURPOSELY capitalized those words for EMPHASIS. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif