PDA

View Full Version : One of 2 tournament hands I played this week

2ndhandlow
12-29-2004, 12:59 PM
Thoughts, ideas, things done differently on them appreciated.

B&M NLHE tournament $45 buyin - 700 in chips to start - 120 man tournie - 20 Min levels starting at 10/15

I've almost doubled up at 1200, when the table breaks up after apporximately 60 mins.

Blinds are close to going up but are currently at 25/50

The new table has 9 players most of whom stacks are shortstacked or break even at this point. Except for the player in the 10th seat, who is at my immediate left. He has approximately 3k.

I dont play the first 3 hands at the new table, neither does my opponent. The only read I can get on this guy is from his table talk as he discards his hands; stating how he can 'change gears' and how he's won the tournament before after being down to (1) 100 chip. Seems to fit my idea of a loose aggressive persona.

So on the 4th hand, Player 10 is now the button. Action gets folded to the Button who has 175 in chips and limps in for 50.
I get dealt 10 7 of spades and call.
BB calls as well.

Flop comes:

10c 7c 8s

The Button ( out of turn ) goes all in. For his remaining 125. Now worries thats only slightly more than %10 of my stack.

I smooth call and the BB goes all in as well w/ no hestitation after I call the 125 bet.

I call.

*** Certainly one or both of them could have made a straight or open ended straight, but the BB is my only real concern. Good call w/ such limited information as I had?

My reasoning for calling: ( please jump in if i am wrong here )

Any 7 or 10 gives me a full boat. So 4 outs there.
I have a runner runner flush possibly with 9 outs.
I have possible 13 outs

theres 150+125+125+125 in main pot
and now 1125 in side pot.
Pot odds are now favorable ( correct?)****

The Button turns over J 10 of hearts

The BB turns over Ks 8h

Turn: Qs
River: 8h

Busted out.

Should I have laid down my 2 pair?

zaxx19
12-29-2004, 01:05 PM
Uh, first off you dont have any 14 outs...Im trying to figure out why you would think you do it isnt coming to me. Runner Runner is always 7%..your equity of that 7% might be 2/3rds since there is a chance a spade higher than 10 is out there...so thats like 4-5% and thats generous. Son now that we we understand how small apiece of the equation the flush is we really need to analyze whether a call with 2 pair is proper here. I dont really think it is....unless you think the opponent has an overpair and is trying to shut you out or is getting cute with an OESD.

DVC Calif
12-29-2004, 01:48 PM
I'd call for a floorperson as the deck contained two 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif s.

2ndhandlow
12-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the proof read