PDA

View Full Version : Reading Material

HitmanHoldem
12-29-2004, 11:49 AM
At this point in time I own:

"The Theory of Poker" - David Sklansky
"Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players" - Sklansky & Malmuth
"Super System" - Doyle Brunson

What would be an appropriate order to read these books if any? Just wondering if one could possibly be considered as something close to a pre requisite for another one. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

8'sOver2's
12-29-2004, 11:58 AM
1. "The Theory of Poker" - David Sklansky
2. "Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players" - Sklansky & Malmuth
3. "Super System" - Doyle Brunson
I've only read Hold'Em Poker for Advanced Players so far, it's not as worthwhile if you don't read the Theory of Poker first. On a side not, does anyone know any websites that teach you the probabilities of poker? Like exact percentages of certain hands holding up against others? Thanks! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HitmanHoldem
12-29-2004, 12:07 PM
That's the order I was thinking. Anyone else disagree or have another order they'd read them in?

cbfair
12-29-2004, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At this point in time I own:

"The Theory of Poker" - David Sklansky
"Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players" - Sklansky & Malmuth
"Super System" - Doyle Brunson

What would be an appropriate order to read these books if any? Just wondering if one could possibly be considered as something close to a pre requisite for another one. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Super System was written a long time ago and is generally regarded as outdated. Super System 2 was just released, I haven't read it.

BTW- this would be more appropriate in the books/software forum.

BusterFlush
12-29-2004, 12:45 PM
For some probability information, try www.pokersmarts.com. (http://www.pokersmarts.com.)

emonrad87
12-29-2004, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On a side not, does anyone know any websites that teach you the probabilities of poker? Like exact percentages of certain hands holding up against others? Thanks! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice Hijack! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Anyway, read TOP and then HEFAP. Don't bother with super system.

Bulbarainey
12-30-2004, 07:12 PM
dont bother buying super system, its old, but get ss2 for free by just playing and depositing on doyle's room