PDA

View Full Version : Rush and Anti-Rush

magikrunner
12-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Hello,
I've been playing poker about a year or so, mostly online. I usually play more than one table just to avoid getting bored. Anyways, I've noticed there are periods when I would get good cards or catch a miracle and win multiple hands in a row (Rush) then there are periods when I would get multiple bad beats in a row. (What I call, anti-rush.) I'm wondering if this happens to every player.

Reef
12-29-2004, 10:27 AM
Yes, each and every one

magikrunner
12-29-2004, 10:32 AM
not to get off the subject of anything, but I'm from Spokane, too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DrPhysic
12-29-2004, 11:41 AM
I had a session recently 4 tabling LHE that I thought was interesting at the time. I had been playing about 2 hours, roughly 500 hands. One table I'm down about 8bb, one even, the other two up about 8-10bb. For a period of about 45 minutes, I can do no wrong on my #4 table. Up 40bb in that time. Other tables about the same or up just a little as usual.

How do you get on a rush on only one table? Selective luck?

Doc /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CardSharpCook
12-29-2004, 03:36 PM
it is streaks, variance, the law of averages, standard deviation - whatever you want to call it. But it is not a "rush". If you believe in luck, you are a gambler, not a poker player.

Do the yankees ever lose four in a row? Do the devil Rays ever win four in a row?

Grisgra
12-29-2004, 03:49 PM
It's weird, but no. My SD is like, 1BB/100. What are these "rushes" you speak of?

Reef
12-29-2004, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not to get off the subject of anything, but I'm from Spokane, too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oh cool. I go to GU. What do you do?