PDA

View Full Version : Is the world ending?

DBowling
12-29-2004, 08:20 AM
Seriously. Whats going on? We've got snow in texas. The earthquake and following tsunami's in south east asia. Then i wake up this morning (in southern california) and out of no where it is windy as [censored] and raining very hard. I flip on the news and there's tornado warnings going on not too far from me. Tornado warnings. In southern california.

We're all gonna die right?

wacki
12-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Don't forget hurricanes the size of Texas hitting Florida.

Scientists have predicted crazy weather would come with Global Warming. Then again, Global Warming is supposed to be myth. Everybody knows every scientist on this planet is a quack. *sarcasm*

thatpfunk
12-29-2004, 08:52 AM
global warming is actually agreed upon by 99% of scientists in the field. conservatives trot out people to contradict it, when it isnt even there area of study. not believing in global warming is just ignorant.

DBowling
12-29-2004, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
*sarcasm*

[/ QUOTE ]

thatpfunk
12-29-2004, 09:02 AM
i gotcha but im in a crummy mood and feel like being 100% honest. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

quote from dumb girl i know last night: have you guys been paying attention to, like, all this? do you think its, like, the day after tomorrow or something?

roomate & I: *roll eyes* uh...

wacki
12-29-2004, 09:30 AM
Here is some conservative Kool-Aid.

A RNC funded website.
http://www.techcentralstation.com/121404B.html
http://www.techcentralstation.com/121404H.html

I've had people send me links to this website. They say Michael Crichton doesn't believe in it. The MIT professor they quote happens to be paid $1,500 dollars a day by oil companies. Of course when I point this out they retort with "Ad homynym attacks are singularly unpersuasive". Most of these guys are lawyers so it's impossible to argue with them.

Here is a quote one of them sent me in an e-mail "The dung berners in China .... must be able to afford more efficient and cleaner energy."

It amazes me most of these guys are high priced lawyers that make half a mil a year.

Assholes.