PDA

View Full Version : First ever straight flush

jkamowitz
12-29-2004, 08:15 AM
At Foxwoods 10/20 yesterday. The game was preetty soft except for the villian in this case who was by far the trickiest and best player at te table.

Hero is under the gun with JdJh opens for 20. Folds to cutoff who three bets, villian on button caps blinds fold hero calls.
Flo; 6s8d9d Hero bets cutoff raises villian three bets hero goes into the tank decides he is behind but would like to peel one off and calls cutoff calls.
Turn Qd for Qd6s8d9d Hero checks cutoff checks villian bets hero calls (by now Ihad obviously pegged villian for a much bigger pair either two red aces or the like however if by chance he had two black aces than my outs were live) I call cutoff calls
River 10d Hero leads. . . (probably a mistake) cutoff folds villian calls and turns over AdKd for nutflush. hero wins with straight flush.

Perhaps one off the luckiest hands to have ever happened to me and it felt great to say straight flush. Although now that I think back upon it a checkraise on the river would seem more profitable but only if I'm sure he has the nut flush and is willing to bet it. The way he played his hand by playing so aggressively preflop and on the flop led me to value bet rather than try to be tricky. Thoughts?

rt1
12-29-2004, 08:42 AM
preflop, how loose is the button, what hands does he cap with? I hate JJ out of position.

Flop: Lead is good. AA-TT, AKdd or even AKo following up his cap raise you there. When its 3 bet back to you, costing you 1bb, you are getting about 9:1 (quick math, dunno if thats right) for a gutshot+2outter. One of your gutshots (the d) could be dead, but the call is alright i guess.

Turn. Like it.

River: ewwww... chk raise this!

Kaz The Original
12-30-2004, 01:49 AM
What sort of weak tight ninny was he for just calling the river. That has to be -EV. And lead this river every time imo.

TheDelChop
12-30-2004, 10:21 AM
Hey there JK, first off are you the guy i was sitting next to at foxwoods on the 23rd at the 10/20 game? You also play 30/60 online? If so just wanted to say what's up. As far as the hand goes, well i don't think there is much to say expect its much better to be lukcy than good. Peeling one card is ok, but call another bet looking for maybe 5 outs on the river? Very questionable but I also understand the desire to beat guys who you can't seem to get a handle on. You can PM if you are going to foxwoods the 1st through the 8th, i will sure to be down there at least 2 or 3 days.

Take care man,

Joe

Klepton
12-30-2004, 02:39 PM
hero must have been shaking so much when he put his final river bet in, or maby just yelling "OMG I just got a str8 flush!!!!" and the villian took it as a tell and just called /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

LarsVegas
12-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Actually, as aggression-loving as this forum is, I must go against the flow (???) here, and agree on the river call from villain. The best diamond he can beat is the 7d. Had he held AdXd himself, making KdXx possible, then a case could be made for a river raise.

lars