PDA

View Full Version : "Walkin' the plank" at Captain Cook's

Izaak_Walton
12-29-2004, 06:56 AM
THAR SHE BLOWS--and she blows big time, mateys. . .

Figuring to line meself up for a pirate's treasure trove of riches, I was, when I signed on with the Cap'n. $50 signup, $50 WEEKLY reload, rakeback, and the all-important miniview that allows me to play 4 tbles without overlap on me purloined laptop--I was in heaven, I was . . .

First omen of bad times ahead when I noticed the albatross perched on he Capn's mainmast--but that's just superstitious drivel I says to meself--nothing wrong here . . .

So I rushes to me first table, eager to get 4 set up so the treasure can start pourin' into me coffers . . .

Blimey, I keeps disappearin' off the waitin' list--maybe the Capn's crew heard I was comin . . . but I persists, I does . . .

At last--a table--with me lightnin' mouse technique I clicks on options and mini-view--WTF??--she's not mini-ing, mateys--she's just layin there big and ugly and slow . . .

At this point I hears an earsplitting screech and I looks up to see the albatross laughin 'is arse off . . . hmmmm

But they don't call me tough for nothin, mateys, we'll see about this . . .so after tryin all the options available at the table I figures I'll open up the lobby window and see if there's more options there. . .I looks down at the windows bar at the bottom of my screen and sees that there's only 1 window open for the Cap'n--so's if I wants to see the table and the lobby at the same time, I's outta luck . . .another earsplittin' screech from above . . .

Well, Fxxx'em, I says, I'll just open up a couple mini-windows on me trusty gamin'club, play off the hands to get me bonus from the Cap'n usin the ONE crappy window 'e gives ya, and be done with it . . .

Blimey, me Gamin'club won't open when I has the Cap'n open--now the bloody albatross is sittin' on the top o' me screen laughin' right in me face--crappy fish-breath, too. . .

I's lowerin' me colors, Cap'n--you wins the battle . . . /images/graemlins/mad.gif

josie_wales
12-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Funny Post man.

Hey, try this:

On the main lobby go to (MENU)-->(OPTIONS)-->(GENERAL OPTIONS)

Make sure that BOTH the boxes for "Run on standard...." and Separate windows per game..." are checked.

I have NO problems whatsoever using min-view or having more than one window open.

You may need to restart the program after making these changes.

jw

Izaak_Walton
12-29-2004, 10:34 AM
DAMN--It works now--I had those boxes checked but had not restarted--thanks!
Hoist the colors, Lads, we're in business again! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
And kick that freakin bird in the ass . . .

CLC
12-29-2004, 10:55 AM
Great Post.

I went to the site and am interested, but cannot find much of anything about the bonus play-through requirements, only a reference to 500 raked hands and 1000 raked hands. Do you have any info about this? Also curious about the availability of tables and limits. Is there a site review available anywhere. Any input would be appreciated.

I was under the impression that you could not receive bonuses from more than one Prime site. Is this not correct or is there some other stipulation to take into account.

From Captain Cook site: [ QUOTE ]
The Captain Cooks Poker Room bonus is not available to you if you received a bonus from another Poker Room in the Prima Network

[/ QUOTE ]

Izaak_Walton
12-29-2004, 11:34 AM
It is as you say--the bonuses aren't that great, but I crank out 1000 hands/day, so it's a little extra. Signed up for 20% rakeback through rakerebatereview.com with the guy who did the crypto raked-hands counter (at least I guess it's him=kcornell). I play NL.5/1 and there are usually 5 or 6 tables. Software is glitch-ridden but games are soft. I like the fact that you can stake yourself up to $100 at this limit, where party only lets you have 50 to start.

Izaak_Walton
12-29-2004, 08:21 PM
for bonus clearing purposes, the Cap'n counts all raked hands where you are dealt cards, although it takes 2 hours after you've stopped playing for them to update your "raked hands played" correctly. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Izaak_Walton
12-29-2004, 08:27 PM
In regards to receiving bonuses from other Prima sites--they didn't ask and I didn't tell, although they clearly know I have another Prima account since when you open the new account the system automatically dredges up your prima number and original username, which you have to continue using.