PDA

View Full Version : Taking one off

Alexthegreat
12-29-2004, 03:46 AM
Live 2/4, fairly loose and passive game.

EP takes his hands too far, but isn't ridiculous or anything. MP is a loose/passive old lady who also takes her hands too far. She isn't ridiculous either.

I get 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the CO.

3 limpers to me, I raise, Button goes all in for 3-bets, one blind calls, the limpers call, I call....

5 live players...

Flop
A /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif:Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Blind checks EP bets, MP calls, one fold, I call, Blind folds.

Turn
7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Villian bets, MP calls, I raise, both call

River
6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to me, I chicken out and check.

My question is if my call on the flop was okay, or chip spewing. I would have folded the turn unimproved. And I know I should bet the river.

TripleH68
12-29-2004, 04:54 AM
Since you do not hold the 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif you should discount your two outs a little. This weakens your draw, plus you can't reasonably expect to make much more when you hit, especially if you hit the 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif and no one holds the flush. Therefore it seems the real odds are less than the actual odds of hitting...fold.

Alexthegreat
12-29-2004, 05:03 AM
I would play the turn the same if the 7 was a spade. MP calling the raise threw me off a little. I really expected her to fold to my raise, and when she called and the flush came, I clamed up. When I decided to call the flop I didn't figure either player to be on the spade draw. Does this make it any better??

If I held the 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif does it make it any better??

TripleH68
12-29-2004, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would play the turn the same if the 7 was a spade. MP calling the raise threw me off a little. I really expected her to fold to my raise, and when she called and the flush came, I clamed up. When I decided to call the flop I didn't figure either player to be on the spade draw. Does this make it any better??

If I held the 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif does it make it any better??

[/ QUOTE ]

Your draw is obviously stronger if you hold the 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif because you don't have to worry about a flush when you hit on the turn. Even so your odds of hitting the 7 are 22.5:1 and you are getting pot odds of only 17:1. You need to be sure you can make up the additional bets after you hit, plus you could still lose to a flush draw on the river. Not the best of situations. Peeling off one SB is not a big deal, but hitting your hand and losing more bets drags down the profitability of your call. (This is all taking for granted you are behind on the flop).

pindawg
12-29-2004, 05:23 AM
If you had position on them and it was checked to you on the river as you were saying, I'd definately bet the river. Check/call form early position.

Yes I think it is weak to check this river given your position.

NM what i said, I thought you were asking about the river