PDA

View Full Version : What kind of read can you make here??

twankerr
12-29-2004, 02:42 AM
This isn't a SH hand, just a few people left right before hand, so assume that all the players are typical full-ring players. I have no true reads on MP, he has only sat for about 15 hands so far. Oh yah, and SB is a total tool.

Now on to the questions, how weak is the turn move, and can anyone give me what they would read MP for? I literally called the river bet just to find out what in blazes he had.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Bob T.
12-29-2004, 03:25 AM
I wouldn't put the energy into making a read here, I would just play it the way you did. Next hand.

twankerr
12-29-2004, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would just play it the way you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I thought I played it poorly, care to elaborate why I did not?

Kirg
12-29-2004, 05:22 AM
If you are going to play Q9s 6handed (orignal full table or not) after 1 limper I think you should either raise or fold, calling just seems the worst option. You either want lots of people for your flush n straight options or you want to keep it small short-handed style so that if you make a pair it's likely to hold up. Just calling so that it ends up 3 or 4 handed is the worst option here in my opinion.

However the preflop call being there I would play it the same on the other streets

Bob T.
12-29-2004, 01:58 PM
Your opponent played strangely, and you have top pair in an shorthanded pot. Why not see the river, and find out what he had.

On the flop, he calls the flop bet and raise, and then he bets out on the turn. If he really had you beat, why wouldn't he checkraise your very likely turn bet? The whole thing confuses me, he is either trying to get a cheap showdown, or he suddenly panicked at the thought of giving a free card that isn't going to happen. Maybe he called with a pair of fours, and made a set on the turn. I don't know. Neither do you. Call it down, but don't get frisky seems like a reasonable line.