PDA

View Full Version : Call this turn raise on a semi-bluff off my bet?

TeeJayORTj
12-29-2004, 02:37 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.75 (All-In)</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.45 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB folds, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero ???.

I have no real read on the Button but MP2 is very loose and likes to stick around to the river. But do I make this call? The worst situation is he has QK while the best would be he is holding a drawing hand. I was really not sure if calling was the correct call here or if I should lay it down?

BottlesOf
12-29-2004, 02:39 AM
Yea, open-ended straight draw, plus overs, easy call.

TeeJayORTj
12-29-2004, 05:51 PM
I did decide to call this situation and the River brought a K /images/graemlins/spade.gif and I took down the pot with the straight. He did have a straight on the turn with KQ and I hit my gutshot. The only reason I called this hand was because MP2 came along for the ride.

If faced with a similar situation with MP2 folding(not calling) would I also have to fold to his raise?

Redeye
12-29-2004, 05:57 PM
I don't like the turn bet, what will that accomplish? You just hit an OESD and would like to see the river as cheap as possible, I don't think you should give someone the chance to raise or c/r you here.

Also, I don't know if others will agree. On the flop, if BB wouldn't have been all in, I definately would've raise to try and get the button and a possible freebie.

Fianchetto
12-29-2004, 06:38 PM
You have to call the turn raise once you are in that situation, but you know, I'm not crazy about your turn bet.

Look, one player is all-in, and you've got 4 other opponents on a very coordinated board with multiple draws out there. You are going to have to showdown the best hand to win this one, and I don't think AQ unimproved is going to get it done.

With your two overcards and straight draw you will be seeing the river here, but why open yourself up to a turn raise when you could potentially see the river for 1 bet, or maybe even for free.

For your "semi-bluff" to be effective there has to be some chance that everyone will fold and you will win the pot right away. That is not going to happen here.

If there is no chance of winning the pot right away then you are just charging yourself more to draw. Although sometimes when you have a super draw like a straight and flush draw with multiple opponents you can bet for value, but that is not the case here.