PDA

View Full Version : Fold Me A River

gaming_mouse
12-29-2004, 02:15 AM
Should I have folded this river? I had no evidence to suggest this guy was capable of bluff-raising.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

River: (6.16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.16 BB

lightw1thoutheat
12-29-2004, 02:42 AM
To me it seems like a crying call, but i do too many of those. I see way too many partiers come to life on the river, and often its a bluff. I think you're probably beaten, but my guess is that you'd be good better than 1/9 here. Plus, you dont want to give him/the table the idea that you can be so easily pushed around.

just my $.01 (havent moved up to $.02 yet, got to build the br and fix some leaks)
-light

twankerr
12-29-2004, 02:43 AM
Yah I think you have to make a crying call getting 9:1 here, then once you lose you can spit on the poker gods for letting J3 hit /images/graemlins/smile.gif

littlejohn
12-29-2004, 03:21 AM
I agree that this is a call and not a fold. I think it's more likely you got shown ten-jack here or a set of 6's. It seems these "typical" party players will wait until the river with 3 or less players - they like to slowplay after it works once, especially against the TAG's that are sure to bet.

private joker
12-29-2004, 03:30 AM
He could also have A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the rivered flush, but I agree it's a crying call because of the sheer number of dumb river bluff-raises I've seen on Party the past couple days.