PDA

View Full Version : Paradise it taking FOREVER to clear

vindikation
12-29-2004, 12:22 AM
My god, Paradise at the $0.25/0.50 $50NL is taking FOREVER!!!

Man I could have cleared this at Party in 25% of the time. I know there are only 3 tables and the games are a tad bit slower but JESUS, this is insane. I'm only halfway done with the $100 GRANNY after 3 days of on and off playing.

Anyone else experience this at Paradise?

AncientPC
12-29-2004, 12:33 AM
No, but then again I cleared Paradise's bonuses 3 tabling .5/1 limit and then later at .5/1 NL.

vindikation
12-29-2004, 12:35 AM
How long did it take you?

AncientPC
12-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Not very long. 10x raked hands per $1 bonus is pretty standard with Paradise / Party reloads.

playersare
12-29-2004, 01:55 AM
paradise's bonus earns at 10 raked hands per $1, while party is generally 5 or 7 raked hands per $1, depending on what offer you are redeeming at the time. so it's to be expected that you could clear the same amount of bonus dollars on party with about 30-50% less number of hands.

add in the slower software and slower players, and the fact that you're whoring on quarter NL tables (which will definitely be slower than multitabling fixed limit) and there's really nothing to be surprised and/or upset about.

joeblowoo0
12-29-2004, 02:09 AM
Why do people continue to post their bonus stories?

NO ONE CARES!

You want people to sympathize with your or something? Get a job.

Durs522
12-29-2004, 02:54 AM
I'm in the midst of the Paradise GRANNY bonus now, and I must say I can't complain....its free money /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

wall_st
12-29-2004, 02:59 AM
is this a reload code ?

What are the details of the code ?

vindikation
12-29-2004, 03:23 AM
GRANNY first time deposit.

OK fine it's free money and I am "complaining", it just seems to be taking about 300% longer to clear a Paradise bonus vs. a Party bonus. Sorry to cluter the board with suck mindless banter.

Durs522
12-29-2004, 03:35 AM
I'm not sure why its taking so long. I've cleared $30 today two tabling .5/1 limit. Almost every hand is raked the .25 minimum. BTW, i wasn't trying to be a dick in my post, sorry if it came off that way.

Dave

GrannyMae
12-29-2004, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do people continue to post their bonus stories?

NO ONE CARES!

You want people to sympathize with your or something? Get a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

shut the FUK up you ignorant troll.

this thread is not great for the granny bonus but i sure am happy to bump it to tell you to stick it up your asss. this is EXACTLY where comments and discussions like this should happen.

go swallow some anti-freeze

joeblowoo0
12-29-2004, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
shut the FUK up you ignorant troll.

this thread is not great for the granny bonus but i sure am happy to bump it to tell you to stick it up your asss. this is EXACTLY where comments and discussions like this should happen.

go swallow some anti-freeze

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, you win.

GrannyMae
12-29-2004, 01:07 PM
LOL, you win

i don't believe this at all.

constant...vigil...required

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/captain.gif

Yads
12-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Roger that, I'm almost done, As we speak I have my last 100 to clear. Woo Hoo.

vindikation
12-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Basically I was just making an observation not neccesarily complaining. I just finished the Paradise GRANNY bonus and made a profit of $180.

So from my experience playing $0.25/$0.50 NL tables for a $100 bonus:

1). Party = 6 hours, 4-tables, $120 profit, $20/hour, $5/hour per table, 10BB/hour per table
2). Paradise = 12 hours, 3-tables, $180 profit, $15/hour, $5/hour per table, 10BB/hour per table

While the Paradise 3 table structure is a little slower the good news is it allows me to play a better game and have a higher win %. Party is faster but I have a lower win rate. So overall they are both a very good +EV and in this micro sample turned out to be exactly the same win rate per table/hour.

1C5
12-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Cool,
why did you choose NL over limit? Did you find having to fold decent hands when people would go all in that you might have played in limit?

vindikation
12-29-2004, 03:23 PM
I play NL because the pot is usually bigger and gets raked easier. My "bonus whoring" NL strategy is kind of uninque, and not like my normal NL game. I play the $0.25/$0.50 NL games.

I buy in for the minimum amount (usually around $10) and play pretty tight. Then if I do get a good hand I can go all in and if I lose, it's only $10 not $50 or more. Plus big stacks can't really bully you too much because it's very easy to go all in and call most bluffs. If I get around $15-$30 I leave the table and then start another table at $10, this way I have my profit in the cashier and not on the table (where it could be lost).

It's maybe not the best way to win a lot of money, but it's a good way to NOT lose a lot of money. The main point for me in clearing a bonus is to not lose money, more so than trying to win a lot.

Just my personal thing, probably not right for most people. Then agian I've only been bonus whoring for 3 weeks so I'm quite the noob.

AncientPC
12-29-2004, 04:12 PM
If you're bonus whoring to not lose money, the best way by far is to use .5/1 limit. You will clear it much faster than .25/.50 NL because the average pot in limit is >= $5. I understand that Paradise states that the average NL pot is $5, but that's a bit skewed.

For example, pot size for .5/1 limit:
$3
$6
$8
$5
$2
$6
$4
$9
$3
$5
$6

Pot sizes for .25/.50 NL:
$2
$3
$5
$2
$15
$3
$5
$2
$24
$4
$1

and so on. For limit you would've received 7 raked points but for NL you would've received 4 raked hands.

Of course, this is just my own experience.

vindikation
12-29-2004, 05:18 PM
You are probably right. I might try the .5/1 limit when I sign up for my Empire account.

Strangely I feel more comfortable with my NL skills versus my Limit skills. I seem to play a little too loose and chase bets in Limit. When playing NL, I pretty much know whether or not I should be in the hand at every stage of game. Plus you can really make people pay to chase their draws.

moondogg
12-29-2004, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are probably right. I might try the .5/1 limit when I sign up for my Empire account.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be the case at Paradise, but at Empire it will clear much faster at 25NL than .5/1 limit, in my experience.

At Empire/Party/etc, the vast majority of hands at .5/1 are raked, but virtually all of the hands at 25NL are raked.

Adde
12-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Why do people continue to post their bonus stories? NO ONE CARES! You want people to sympathize with your or something? Get a job.

Sorry to interupt your agenda, but...

My god, Paradise at the $0.25/0.50 $50NL is taking FOREVER!!!

I've been too stressed out/up to play my usual game (multitable holdem) the last couple of weeks, but still had the need to kill or fill my "working hours" with something. I grabbed the Granny bonus and headed to Paradise and calmed me down with a single table of 5-Card Draw.

Since the Paradise bonus don't have a deadline (I think??), grab it and use it at times when you need a "break", or just want to play for fun instead of the grind.

Adde