PDA

View Full Version : PP and 2+2

10-09-2001, 02:52 AM
I have a tiny bankroll and usually play 1/2 on PP just for the experience. Recently I've played 2/4 a couple of times and noticed that many of the players were actually quite solid. To make things worse, many of them would mention 2+2 and say that they visit the site often. Basically, I don't want to be in online games with only 2 of 3 people seeing the flops. Just wondering where the good games are these days?

10-09-2001, 07:07 AM
The 2-4 paradise games get much better late at night.

You can usually find one with 40% + looking at the flop.

They are very loose aggressive and expect to fluctuate a lot.

Ultimate Bet and Party Poker have really good 3-6/5-10

games (Paradise 3-6 and 5-10 can be hit or miss as far

as what you are looking for)

I played on Highlands last night..Found the 3-6 to be

tough for online, although i've only had about 2 hrs experience there.

The software was actually very fast..Maybe 80% the speed of

paradise. The graphics are poor however. But they do currently have the best sign up deal around.

If you really like small tournaments try planet. other then that i can't stand planet.

But if you can't beat a game with 25% players (2-3)seeing the

flop, I recommend you don't play online unless you

are willing to pay a price to learn.

Also I recommend being more concerned at how well your

opponents play then the flop %. It can be misleading.

10-09-2001, 01:34 PM
I normally play 2-4 on paradise and there are still lots of good games. Don't be afraid of changing tables when the table tightens up. I like to play at tables that are 30+ but if the game is good I will stay if it less. As cream puff mentioned it is not just the percent it is the players. Watch what players are raising with. Isolate the weak raisers.

I have rarely had players mention 2+2 although it did happen a few times when I played 1-2.

Ken Poklitar

10-10-2001, 02:27 PM
There are some tough games in the 2-4 and 3-6 range but I agree that there are also some very easy beatable games there, also agree about it getting much better late at night. I'm no pro and I've been coming out ahead there and it seems like a tight aggressive player would tear up a low limit game there. Watch out also for games that are TOO loose because with 4 people calling you on your top pair you will lose to river rats a lot. By the way, late at night is usually EST.