PDA

View Full Version : Whats your opinion of BB's play?

Luv2DriveTT
12-29-2004, 12:15 AM
this hand I was watching got me thinking... The pot on the flop is small, so I'd fold this hand. But what if the pot were 6 sb? 9sb? 11sb? What do you think of BB's play... mighty agressive eh?

BB holds A /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop:
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

SCfuji
12-29-2004, 12:16 AM
i dunno. 1 over and gutshot. i dont think i want 3SB this badly...

Harv72b
12-29-2004, 12:21 AM
Note: BB will defend his blinds maniacally.

Seriously, I can't think of any other reason to play this hand like he did. If he's convinced SB is trying to bully him with nothing, call down &amp; then raise/bet the river. That goes for any sized pot.

Luv2DriveTT
12-29-2004, 12:25 AM
ignore the 3sb pot. Imagine the pot was rather large. THEN give me your opinion.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

private joker
12-29-2004, 12:47 AM
What's amusing is that he evidently voluntarily showed his cards after the hand, or else you wouldn't know what he had (there was no showdown). That earns him a note as a LAG. Without his voluntary show, I'd put him on 99 and say he played it fine.

Luv2DriveTT
12-29-2004, 02:11 AM
Thanks PJ, thats what I was wondering. I... TT.... was that LAG in question, hence how I know the hole cards. I knew if I let people know this was my hand immediatly I'd get the wrong feedback, I was hoping for a more honest evaluation.

I was experimenting a bit this evening trying to perfect my "uber aggression" for when and if I really need to turn it on, and this was one of the hands I experimented with. Luckily I won (and with what was probably the best hand too!). My goal was to represent trips or better, it seems that I was successful there eh?

BottlesOf
12-29-2004, 02:36 AM
Yea. What's the point? Big spray job....

BottlesOf
12-29-2004, 02:38 AM
It depends how big. If it were 100bb then, absolutely. Although, then no one would be folding, so I'd rather just call. There is a pot size where such play is correct. I'm too lazy to figure out what that range is right now.

Luv2DriveTT
12-29-2004, 09:03 AM
That was the exact point. To play against an opponent representing a hand I know I cannot possibly hit. I chose specific hands because of who my opponents were, ignoring pot size. I got this crazy idea from an article I read by Daniel N. At first I thought it was a mindless waste of time, but I became curious. Its interesting to see how a maniac thinks, my hope is it will make my play against them stronger.

bernie
12-29-2004, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My goal was to represent trips or better, it seems that I was successful there eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Most don't play trips,er, a set this way. 2 Pair is more like it.

b

bernie
12-29-2004, 04:03 PM
If BB is seeing the turn, he isn't just calling this bet on the flop.

I've seen players spew much more on a blind steal for similar pot sizes. I think the BB did ok.

b