PDA

View Full Version : I have no standards.

Grease
12-29-2004, 12:13 AM
I realize this was marginal, but is it justifiable? Those behind me were pretty passive, and what do you think of the river? Opponent was kind of aggressive, but not a full blown LAG. He usually slowed down on the turn and river when behind.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $3.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (14.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (20.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB

Nick C
12-29-2004, 01:49 AM
The turn card is a disappointment, after such a great flop. I'm thinking CO probably also has a jack. But I doubt he has an ace or a flush draw to go with it (and you do have a flush draw), so I think your 3-bet is good.

I think check-calling the river is fine. There's some small chance you're ahead of 3-pair (KQ, QT), but I don't think you are often enough to make up for the times you get raised by a boat (or even quads). Anyway, I think the most likely outcome is a chop.

steamboatin
12-29-2004, 07:27 AM
I bet the river, if he has a busted draw, it is worth a bet to see if he lays it down.

I think J8h is pretty loose preflop.

Alexthegreat
12-29-2004, 07:48 AM
Fold preflop.

Bet the river.