PDA

View Full Version : my new years resolution

bodi
12-28-2004, 11:07 PM
is to become a poker player with ev, but right now i think i'm still pretty bad. i think these are some of my key numbers over the last 2k 2/4 holdem hands and it would be much obliged if anyone could provide any brief evaluation. is there a fatal flaw in these aggression factors?:
pre-flop .48
flop 1.74
turn 2.68
river 1.28
net 1.01

pfr 5.96
voluntary put in 16.21

thanks

SomethingClever
12-28-2004, 11:10 PM
No "fatal flaw," but you should raise more preflop. Also 2K is very small to make any judgements.

River2Pair
12-28-2004, 11:23 PM
I don't know anything about pokertracker numbers, since I don't use it. Do you cold-call raises often? I think that is the most common and most expensive leak I see from low-limit players.

Harv72b
12-29-2004, 12:03 AM
Again, this sample size is far too small to make any firm recommendations or adjustments on, but a few things I do see that I wouldn't want to hold up...

I think your VP$IP is a little bit low, at least for 2/4 Party (I'm assuming Party; on tougher sites you're in the right region). I do have to stress that over as few as 2K hands, though, that could be more a reflection of how your cards are running than your playing style.

As was said, your PFR is low, especially with your VP$IP being only 16.21.

You also need to up your aggression. Even including preflop (most people here don't include that in their overall AF), 1.01 is hovering right in the middle of the "neutral" bubble. You also want your river aggression to be equal to or higher than your turn AF (I think; it seems that way to me, but I've never seen a discussion on it so I may be wrong). If your river AF is that much lower, it shows that you're making too many crying calls and/or passing up too many value bets on the river.

There's no such thing as a "fatal flaw" if you're here trying to improve your game. And one more time, 2,000 hands is not very many, and your numbers can be heavily affected by one bad (or good) run of cards.

lightw1thoutheat
12-29-2004, 01:51 AM
the tight vpip isn't that bad. I think that most people have a very 'rock'y stage early in their poker careers...least what ive been told and read. But, if you're going to be that tight i think that you still need to raise the pfr a bit.

About the aggression though, looks like you should be more aggressive on the flop espicially. Try to be the bettor/raiser, and not that guy calling down (espicially this early in the hand). Im a bit more aggressive lately, but try to get the flop aggression at least over 2. Turn aggression looks ok. The river i slow down a bit, but not as much as you have (mines 1.8). Maybe check/call or check/fold the river less and instead bet/call or bet and fold to a raise. I'm not too sure though and just a n00b.

I hope this helps somewhat. If you'd like you could pm me and i could run over more stats with you, as i have most of my experience at party 2/4.
Thanks
-light