PDA

View Full Version : Strange patterns

10-08-2001, 02:11 AM
Are there any long time winning paradise low limit players here

who have ben struggling lately?

Just wondering, since Ive been getting a strange feeling the

last month in the 2-4/3-6 games.

Sure I've been running bad, results wise, but other than that

I know Im not being outplayed overall. And I don't feel like Im getting too many bad beats either.

Its like I smell something fishy, but can't quite put my

finger on it.

I know people have and will always cheat at online poker..

My philisophy in the past has always been "so what..I

still win. Thats all I care about."

Imagine the how much different it is to try to catch

100 players cheating vs. 75,000 cheating. In other words,

everybody always compliments planet poker for such a good job

at maintaining fair games..But their client base is so small

it must be fairly easy...When you have close to 100,000 clients

on at different times(paradise), it becomes so much harder to detect

, and things can quickly get out of hand.

I dont want to jump the gun too soon, so if your STILL beating

the lower limit paradise games after nearly 2 years I would like

to hear from you.

10-08-2001, 12:57 PM
Ditto. I ran from an initial buy in of $250 a year ago up to $1200 and in the last few months have slowly been ground down to the $600 range. I think the players are getting tougher through culling the fish out and basically as a result of others getting wiser. Online play must be good training ground actually, at least for online poker, which is basically a video game and we know there are a lot of good video game players out there.

I do have one fantasy, that as a result of my not electing to take advantage of Paradise's bonus buy in offers, my cards are being soured to reduce my stack and encourage me to put more money into the machine. But seriously, the players are clearly a different breed now. Fewer see the flop, more raise etc. You can see this most clearly in the tourneys: Players are fearless, will bluff, and will chase with any pair, which makes playing AK aggressively a difficult thing.

The theory that there is a reduction in the supply of poorer players because of the ever increasing difficulty of executing online transactions for gaming seems very plausible to me.

I've come to favor Omaha Hi/Lo as a game that still has a few fish. Reason: Players still enter with poor hands which gives a tighter player the edge. This is more true than in Holdem I think, since the four cards of Omaha are so seductive to loose players than only two of Holdem. Since it is more difficult to bluff in Omaha, better starting hands directly results in more pots.

10-08-2001, 04:49 PM
Hi There

I am still winning at 1/2 level on paradise.

I think the main problem seems to be lack of fish.

This I believe is the publics mistrust in online gaming.

Paradise as I remember invited ED Hill to attend,As soon as he agreed Paradise then retracted their offer.

I have spoken to various site management regarding collusion etc.

All I have received is lip service *yawn*.

There is a total denial that anything wrong is happening.

If this is the case I believe Paradise etc would have brought in outside personnel.

However if something ontward was happening and was proved 2 things would probably happen.

Firstly no one would play.

Secondly and probably more important.

It is always possible that a civil action could probably be brought against them.

So I suspect that the various sites will continue for as long as they can,Knowing that a shut down day is on the horizon.

It doesnt matter any more ,They have your cash and as far as they are concerned you can bite them.

I personally can't prove anything so it is just pure speculation.

I think if online poker is to grow and prosper sites need to open up.

A quick note to UR Meowed,I love cats too.

MAYBE WE COULD EXCHANGE SOME RECEPIES.YUMM YUMM!!!!!

MS SUNSHINE IV'E BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT YOU.

Celt

10-08-2001, 06:36 PM
Hey Tiger

mssunshine@infowest.com

I'm having a few ISP, new operating system, phone and other problems. Other posters that I usually e-mail with please feel free to e-mail me.

Most chicken recipes, I have found, work well for cats.

Have a nice day.

MS Sunshine

10-09-2001, 04:44 PM
"Most chicken recipes, I have found, work well for cats."

Cats do not taste like chicken. We taste closer to tuna!

URMeowed

The world's most dangerous cat