PDA

View Full Version : MNF

10-08-2001, 08:17 PM
I thought about tonight for a while. I was not going to bet it at all, until I say www.24-7wager.com (http://www.24-7wager.com) had the game at 15. So I took DET +15. I have not seen the number that high anywhere else.

Craig

10-08-2001, 09:14 PM
I went and checked, they are at 15.5. That is way above everyone else. Have you been paid by these guys? I know you have mentioned their lines are far different from anyone else. I played with someone many years ago, but for really small dollars when internet play was new. These guys seemed real fishy because they had the most ridiculous lines you had ever seen. I remember one time it was game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals, Detroit-Washington. Detroit was up 3-0 and yet these buffoons had the line Caps -145! Everyone else was dealing Wings -180. Most of you all know the Wings swept that year, the won like 5-1 I think. I cleaned up, bet my whole account balance on that one. After that I figured it was time to take out my original investment and play with the rest. Do you think I ever got it? I sent emails, made phone calls...nothing! I was pissed, but I saw it coming. I lost what amounted to one bet for me, but I think I learned my lesson cheap when someone offers you numbers that seem wacky, the book might be too. That line isn't so far out of whack, but if they are consistently offering numbers off the mark, its quite likely they are risking their bankroll in one of two ways. Either they are afraid of their players and quickly move the numbers, meaning they are underbankrolled and booking in fear, or the more likely they are "betting" on the games in a way by shading the number and tempting you to take Detroit and keeping Rams bettors at bay. Either way is not what you want to be dealing with as far as a book is concerned. I know the numbers are nice and all, but playing with a risky house isn't a good policy. Just a thought...

10-08-2001, 10:34 PM
One of the owners is someone I play cards with here in Houston, so I do get paid. I really can't speak for anyone else getting paid. I have known the guy for a while and trust him, but I wouldn't want to tell you one thing and you get screwed. The guy is real cool...there have been times when their line is way off and I call and tell him (after I bet on it) and he will change it and give me free money. There is a chance that the same thing happened or their is also a chance that they kept getting action on the Rams. I really couldn't tell you. If you did bet against the Rams you are probably pretty pissed right now. How can a team play with no heart? The Rams aren't even trying that hard and they are killing them. It is 21-0 at the half and I would be willing to sell my bet right now for a dollar. I really want to hedge my bet and bet the second half for the Rams...but if the lions do come back a little I could get screwed. Email me and I will tell you more about 24-7.

Craig