PDA

View Full Version : Posting Hands?

Argus
12-28-2004, 08:51 PM
I have a few questions about posting hands for review. How do you pick which hands to post? Winning hands or losing hands? Hands with a tough decision?

My second question is about how to work bisonbison's hand converter. I play pokerroom, and I've tried copying my hand history but the converter doesn't seem to identify me correctly as the hero. Instead it gives a line like this without my position:

Preflop: is with , .
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MyName raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)</font> calls, UTG+1 calls.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Finally, what is the best way to name the topic that I am posting my hand in?

Thanks for your help.

AKQJ10
12-28-2004, 11:55 PM
Good questions all. I post hands occasionally and wonder about most of the topics you mention.

I don't play pokerroom, but my guess is it's probably not 100% compatible with bisonbison's converter. You could write him to ask for the source code, or ask if it's on his radar to implement. Until then, you're probably looking at manual edits.

Just think, it could be worse -- you could play at Pacific with their lousy animated histories. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

smoore
12-29-2004, 10:34 AM
No one wants to read bad beat stories /images/graemlins/wink.gif Once you're a frequent poster the occasional brag post about a massive pot or good play seems to be acceptable. The hands that you post should be along the lines of, "Should I have folded this somewhere?", "Do I reraise him here?" or simply, "I think I goofed, please help." In other words, the tougher decisions that you can't quite get your head around.

Not sure about the NL posting guidelines, but for limit:
&lt; 2/4 : microlimit
2/4 - 15/30 : small stakes
&gt; 15/30 : mid-high stakes