PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Trouble

10-06-2001, 09:17 PM
Last night my system crashed and I had to exit out of Paradise during a hand. To my surprise, when I logged back in my hand was gone. I checked the hand history and got even more angry because everyone checked while I folded the winning hand. What happened to getting all-in? Paradise said they put you all-in when your connection is bad. So they just fold my hand if my computer crashes. Even if everyone checks, my hand is still folded.

10-06-2001, 10:32 PM
I would suggest that you contact Paradise Customer Support via email.

I have been playing Paradise for over a year and a half, and can ensure you that they make every effort to ensure a fair game.

Bob J.

10-06-2001, 11:48 PM
"Last night my system crashed and I had to exit out of Paradise during a hand. To my surprise, when I logged back in my hand was gone. I checked the hand history and got even more angry because everyone checked while I folded the winning hand. What happened to getting all-in? Paradise said they put you all-in when your connection is bad. So they just fold my hand if my computer crashes. Even if everyone checks, my hand is still folded."

Do contact support, but in this case, if my experience is any indication, you're out of luck. They monitor the connections, so they will know when you have a poor/intermittent connection. However, what happened to me is my modem connection just died (I actually heard the disconnect).

I quickly (too quickly, as it happened) reconnected to my ISP and started the Paradise client just in time to see my hand folded (AA44 on a 98322 O-8 board :-/ ).

If you get a sudden disconnect, and haven't been experiencing network problems, WAIT. Wait a good minute or two, so that your client session times out, otherwise this type of fold (which Paradise claims doesn't exist, BTW) will happen.

10-07-2001, 06:17 AM
I had the exact same thing happen to me about three months ago in a 15/30 game. I emailed the support dept. and they, after reviewing the hand, refunded to me the amount I had lost in the hand.

10-07-2001, 11:24 AM
To Paradise:

After hearing others with the same complaint, I believe I now know what is wrong with your software. You know how if you try to leave the table during a hand, your hand will be folded. Well, this is the same thing. If my system crashes or for another reason I'm forced to leave the table, your software folds my hand.

10-08-2001, 03:23 AM
the problem is you had to exit out of pp. you didn't time out or lose your connection, you made the decision to exit out. there is no all in when you do that, you fold the hand. did it ask you if you really wanted to leave the table? i'm guess it did.

-LC.

10-08-2001, 01:38 PM
Even though no one bet, I never selected to fold, so there was NO pop-up warning if I was sure I wanted to fold. When I selected to exit out of the program, there was also NO pop-up warning me that leaving would fold my hand.

10-08-2001, 05:15 PM
Next time, do not exit out of the program normally. First disconnect you internet connection (stop the dial up program or pull out the phone cord or network cable.) Then reboot. If Windows yells at ya, tell it to end the task.

When you get back up start PP again. You should be taken right back to your table, less an all-in.

10-08-2001, 07:22 PM
I also did not exit Paradise in the normal manner. I believe the problem is with the crash prevention program. It gives me the warning and the option to end task or shut down. Ending the task, exits Paradise, and my hand is folded.