PDA

View Full Version : The Tsunami Bonus Whoring Challenge

Greg J
12-28-2004, 07:30 PM
This is a cross post from the General Texas hold em forum:

It's still not clear how many thousands of people died in the recent tsunami caused by the massive earthquake that took place off the coast of Thailand, but it is clear that the number is enormous. This is something that, I'm sure we can all agree, is a tragedy of the greatest magnitude. So, without trying to be all high and mighty, I thought I would issue a challenge to all you guys here on 2p2.

Most of us have some bonus that we have not cleared yet, be it a signup at a site we have not joined yet, or an iGMpay bonus at one of the Party skins. So, I was thinking (uh oh!), and this money could help a lot of people in the Asian South Pacific. So, here is my challenge to you: clear a bonus you have not already hit, and donate that money to a charity to help the victims. Here are the rules: you keep all your winnings apart from the bonus you clear. However, let’s say you run poorly, the bonus you clear can go back into covering your losses. (Let’s say you were clearing a $100 iGMpay bonus, and you played less than break even over that period, loosing $25, then your donation would be $75). If you ran really bad and lost more than the bonus, then you are not obligated to donate. This way the challenge doesn’t hit anyone’s bankroll. Another plus: this will be tax deductible (I’m pretty sure.)

You can donate to any legitimate charity that helps the victims. I donated to UNICEF (http://www.unicef.org/) but if you like another charity better feel free. Post your results here – let’s see what a little good Karma can do for your luck at the tables! Good luck to all that participate in this challenge. And be thankful we are not in a situation where we have to deal with this kind of disaster.

If you you want to look and see if there are any bonuses you have not cleared yet (most of us probably have at least one or two), check out bonus whores (http://www.bonuswhores.com) to see what you have missed. Let's all whore for the tsunami victims!

solucky
12-28-2004, 08:42 PM
done 50 $ more on the way to asia...ok i won 106 included the Bonus.

Wolfgang

joeblowoo0
12-28-2004, 08:43 PM
Party and Empire are the ones who should really be helping.

THEY MAKE MILLIONS EVERY DAY!

Further their support is located in India.

Why should us lowly players have to risk our bonuses?

solucky
12-28-2004, 09:19 PM
i send a mail to 5 pokerservers, perhaps they do. The question is more want u help or not. 1 single $ dont hurt you but 4-500 million people in the first world that spend one single $ help alot.

Wolfgang

Siingo
12-28-2004, 10:19 PM
I do not know if they give away anything to charity. But that does not matter wery much.

The thing is that if you give away some few $ then those $ might save someones life. That someone do not care if the money is from you or party poker. He will be grateful who ever sent the money...

Very good ide!! Do not play any bonus right now. But I have sent some money anyway and will send more... Was on vacation in Thailand 3 weeks ago at the ilands. I learned to know some peopel down there and now I do not know if they are alive. But I know that some of them have no home right now or work.

This is a very big tragedy!!

Good luck with this challenge!

kdog
12-28-2004, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party and Empire are the ones who should really be helping.

THEY MAKE MILLIONS EVERY DAY!

Further their support is located in India.

Why should us lowly players have to risk our bonuses?

[/ QUOTE ]

1-How do you know Party and other sites aren't contributing to the relief effort?

2-There is no "risk" to any of us. We have been asked to play no worse than break even poker for a few hours to help those suffering from a catastrophe.

3-You really are an [censored]. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

GrannyMae
12-29-2004, 12:08 PM
TTT

this should be cross posted to other places on the web as well, not just our forums.

cbfair
12-30-2004, 10:40 PM
I'm working off the Intertops Sign up bonus right now. I'll report on the results when finished.