PDA

View Full Version : Can't find a decent LL game on paradise

10-06-2001, 05:18 PM
It's become brutal...I'm a regular 3-6 or 5-10 player (I'll leave out my nickname so ya'll don't take shots), but even the 1-2 tables have 25%-30% flop view averages. Even when you find one at say 40%, as soon as you sit down it drops to 30% because you just replaced the sucker that busted out. I can beat a tight game, it's just a slow process and there are too many tight-aggressives to be sure. I try to find the weak-tights and pick on them...but that's all I can do to win. I need to find softer games...my thinking cap is getting sore, and my expectation is going way down.

Bill K.

10-06-2001, 08:12 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that what you describe is a direct result of the credit card companies tightening up access to offshore gambling outfits. If the pigeons can't buy chips then they can't hand you any money. That leaves you up against a much tougher field that includes whatever portion is team playing cheats. The number of players should slowly fall while the game quality quickly falls. Bail now.

I played live poker today and the table stats would likely be 45% seeing the flop. Why play online?

10-07-2001, 02:10 AM
I played live poker today and the table stats would likely be 45% seeing the flop. Why play online?

---

Because it runs four times faster (2 tables twice as fast). The live game would have to be four times as profitable to make up for the loss in speed.

Chris

10-07-2001, 04:10 AM
I have played at 5 or 6 poker sites and can tell you that paradise is a favorite to be the toughest at the low limits, many people who play 1-2 hold 'em, most peoples idea of a beginners limit, on paradise have read and studied the best poker books on the market and discuss hands here. The good thing about paradise is once you can beat, say the 2-4 , you can usually easily beat the 2-4 at other sites.FYI...there are sites out there with 40% seeing the flop at the 5-10 level..you might want to make paradise your 2nd or 3rd choice.

10-07-2001, 05:16 AM
What sites?

10-07-2001, 10:01 PM
"I played live poker today and the table stats would likely be 45% seeing the flop. Why play online? ---

Because it runs four times faster (2 tables twice as fast). The live game would have to be four times as profitable to make up for the loss in speed. "

It soon will prove to be. At paradise you must suffer rocky, nit filled, aggressive low limit games with occasional team cheats. Add to that the unavoidable mistakes one makes playing at two tables at once and the balance will inevitably shift back to live play.

Today's live game had 55-60% players seeing the flop. I love weekends.

10-07-2001, 11:27 PM
Have you read some of my hand histories at all? What is wrong with 25-30% seeing the flop? So you want really loose games BUT you want all of your good hands to hold up all the time? So you think tight games must equate to bad games? At the 5/10 level at Paradise on an average night, there are upwards to TEN games to choose from. You are telling me that all those games suck? I thought I was smoking a lot of catnip!!!

URMeowed

=^._.^=

10-08-2001, 01:48 PM
LOL! - Reminds me of that story in the news a couple years ago about some footage of the battle between the white shark and killer whale, which I believe the whale won. The oceans are running out of fish.

10-10-2001, 04:51 AM
There is a lot more to poker than flop percentages, but you'd never know it reading the posts on 2+2. Poker is a game of measures and counter-measures. It's not how the other person plays as much as it is how you play in response to how the other person is playing.

OK, I'll grant you that with 30% of the players seeing the flop there's far fewer players playing truly random hands. But I can tell you from over 1000 hours of playing LL Paradise that there are very very few really good players playing there. I don't mind playing with a 30% flop percentage. That's just like the day-shift retired crew I used to play with. I won just about 80% of the time for 2 years. It's a low variance game that is far easier to beat on a session by session basis than the games you guys seem to be looking for. Work on your heads-up game and you'll start loving these games. Don't be fooled by the flop percentages...The majority of the LL players in these low flop games have a bad case of "I read a book syndrome".

10-10-2001, 05:48 PM
Have you tried switching games/formats?

I consider myself a better than average(though not exceptional)

player at LL HE live games, and I found I was not doing that

well at paradise.

I switched from 1/2 and 2/4 HE, to playing 2/4 omaha 8 and playing

$10 and $20 HE tournaments and I've found a world of difference

with much better success at those formats.