PDA

View Full Version : General KQo question, comments very welcome

Jurollo
12-28-2004, 07:08 PM
How do you guys play KQo in full ring games?

Raise in MP to LP?
Call in EP?
Fold if raised before?

I have been raising majority of the time if the pot hasnt been raised yet and calling the extra bet and being awful tight if I am 3-bet, folding if it is capped (thinking I am drawing to only 1 live card, if any), I have also been raising in essentially any position. There have been mixed results with this so far, any comments suggestions on KQo would be appreciated.
~Justin

lightw1thoutheat
12-28-2004, 08:27 PM
From my experience at 1/2-3/6...
I raise whenever I'm the first one in. But i immediately muck the hand if it is raised to me, given that I'm not in the blinds. From the BB i tend to call more raises than i probably should with KQo. However, i will call if there are a few limpers and then a raise, knowing that the limpers won't fold for one more bet, and hoping that i can flop something like 2 pair or an OESD.

For my last 10k hands, (since i have vastly loosened up and increased my aggression...used to be way too weak tight) i have had a .25BB/hand value for this hand. This however has been a very rough stretch, in fact, my worst run yet. But I'm pretty sure that the number could be more around .4bb/hand.

Hope this helps.
light

Russ McGinley
12-28-2004, 08:50 PM
I usually toss it EP but I will raise MP and on if its folded to me. I will limp in the blinds with more than a couple of people in, and raise if there's few limpers (generally only one limper). I usually muck to a raise.