MP (835)
LP (1000)

Hero gets K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets 15
<font color="red"> MP raises to 100</font>
LP calls
Hero Calls &lt;Here figure, i'm still ok if K or Q hit w/o A.&gt;

Flop:
T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero Checks
<font color="red"> MP bets 150
Hero RAISES to 400
MP Bets ALL-IN to 535
Hero Calls..........</font>

Results in White:

<font color="white">
Hero Has Pair of Qs.
MP Has Set of Tens.
</font>

Should I not have raised after MP bets flop? Should I have not played then hand? Did i raise too much?

ilya
12-28-2004, 07:12 PM
I presume when you say "Hero bets 15," you mean "Hero calls BB."
IMO:
fold KQo UTG
once raised, definitely fold.
on the flop...ugh...bet about pot and fold if raised.

morgan180
12-28-2004, 07:17 PM
KQ is SO good at making second best hands. In this position FOLD. If you limp and get raised, FOLD. On the flop if you bet the pot and get raised, FOLD.

This hand is trouble from early position and just not worth it this early in an SNG, IMHO.

Glintir
12-28-2004, 07:21 PM
I'm assuming you mean you bet 30? With the blinds at 15/30. Even so...

Honestly, I'm not sure about the preflop call. I might have called too, but I'm not 100% sure it's the right move with your hand.

That said, you should have bet the flop. Did you honestly set out to check-raise with top pair, good kicker, or was that what you were forced to do by the situation? Better to bet your pair. If you get raised, you have to wonder if he's got AQ, AK, AA, KK, or even TT, all of which are consistent with his preflop bet. Instead, you have to deal with might be on obligatory Post flop bet. Since you checked, you have to reraise for the same info.

Furthermore, your reraise was half your remaining stack. At that point you're pot committed, so why not push there instead of letting him raise all in and being pot stuck?

JerBear77
12-28-2004, 07:22 PM
IMO:??? Whats that mean
IMHO:??? Whats that mean

When does KQ become playable in NL if ever under raise pressure?

Benholio
12-28-2004, 07:25 PM
I prefer folding KQo UTG in the early stages, but limping isn't that bad. You have to fold to the raise, though!

The hands that are raising you here will either make you lose a big pot or win a small one. You aren't (usually) getting raised by a lower king or a queen-high.

morgan180
12-28-2004, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO:??? Whats that mean
IMHO:??? Whats that mean

[/ QUOTE ]

in my opinion --OR-- in my humble opinion.

KQ is a hand that I'll play in late position as the first one in the pot. It's value also goes up with fewer opponents.

If I play KQ it's usually like this:

I get dealt KQ in the CO
Folded to an MP player who limps
I raise to ~3-4x BB depending on level/table aggression, etc.

now i'd love to pick up the entire pot right there, and if i'm reraised i'll be folding. If it gets to a flop I'll bet my pair if I hit and lay it down to a strong re-raise.

JMO

(just my opinion)