PDA

View Full Version : The Life Aquatic - Movie

MarkL444
12-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Anybody else go see this one yet? I just saw it yesterday and I thought it was great. Im a Wes Anderson fan, and I think this might be my new favorite of his. This one seems to be a bit funnier than his others. Also, the music is just amazing. Specifically, "Staralfur" near the end of the movie might be the best use of a song in any movie I have ever seen. Sorry if there was already a thread about this.

ThaSaltCracka
12-28-2004, 07:27 PM
is that song by Signor Ros?

MarkL444
12-28-2004, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is that song by Signor Ros?

[/ QUOTE ]

sigur ros.

has nobody else gone out to see this yet?

ThaSaltCracka
12-28-2004, 07:47 PM
ah okay, yeah that songs is amazing. I have been thinking about buying their first CD.

Haven't seen the flick though. Maybe I will now, thanks for the review.

TheJunkyardGod
12-28-2004, 07:58 PM
I would have to argue that. While I havent seen the movie yet. His use of Elliott Smiths "Needle in the Hay" during the suicide scene in "The Royal Tenenbaums" was possibly one of the most moving scenes in any movie.

BottlesOf
12-28-2004, 08:03 PM
Not yet, but it's number 1 on my list.

I have no excuse, as it's been open for weeks a 5 minute walk from my house.

Phat Mack
12-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Saw it last night and thought it was great. Willem Dafoe had some classic scenes--he's usually stuck in the Walken-style psycho killer roles. I laughed all the way through it, but my sense of humor isn't widely shared. (I laughed when Cate Blanchett was reading Proust and offered to tell Owen Wilson what had happened so far.) Now that I think about it, my taste in movies isn't widely shared, so this flick may get some pans here.

mmbt0ne
12-28-2004, 08:38 PM
I thought it was a great movie. The dialogue was funny, I enjoyed the characters, and there's nothing like a couple hours of David Bowie in Portuguese.

"And Klaus, if you ever lay your hands on me again, I'll kick your teeth in."
"Not if I see you first, Sonny Boy."

Thythe
12-29-2004, 04:21 PM
I definitely enjoyed the movie, but I think that Royal Tenenbaums is still infinitely better. Perhaps it's the type of movie that you see many times and it grows on you, so only time will tell.

jakethebake
12-29-2004, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I definitely enjoyed the movie, but I think that Royal Tenenbaums is still infinitely better. Perhaps it's the type of movie that you see many times and it grows on you, so only time will tell.

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't heard of this movie. What is it? Although any movie that the Royal Tennenbaums is infinitely better than, I don't think I need to see... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ThaSaltCracka
01-06-2005, 01:55 AM
I just saw this tonight, thought it was great.

J.R.
01-06-2005, 04:05 AM
look here too (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1465677&Fo rum=,f20,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=146567 7&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=7540&daterange=1& newerval=1&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypr ev=#Post1465677)

Shaun
01-06-2005, 04:30 AM
I just saw it and, even though I actually think Anderson is a little overrated, I enjoyed the movie a lot. In fact it's his best in my opinion. It's so absurd- and that's what really does it for me.

jakethebake
05-11-2005, 08:15 AM
I just saw it last night. My God it was bad. I usually really like this kind of humor...zany and subtle at the same time. But this movie was truly bad.

lucas9000
05-11-2005, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just saw it last night. My God it was bad. I usually really like this kind of humor...zany and subtle at the same time. But this movie was truly bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you at least like the seu jorge songs?

jakethebake
05-11-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
did you at least like the seu jorge songs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should ask that. My wife and I agreed that was the best part. We were both bored to tears and I said, hey I kinda like this song. She said yea, me too.

IndieMatty
05-11-2005, 09:40 AM
In my netflix lineup now.

sfer
05-11-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just saw it and, even though I actually think Anderson is a little overrated, I enjoyed the movie a lot. In fact it's his best in my opinion. It's so absurd- and that's what really does it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly, I watched Rushmore last night. I can't disagree with you more. For as funny and entertaining as Rushmore can be, it's also remarkably touching.