PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker Stats - what should they be?

Schizo
12-28-2004, 06:04 PM
What should my PT stats be for the 2/4 game? What are the most important stats to look at?

Rudbaeck
12-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Whatever they end up as after you've taken the advice to heart from reading thousands of hands in the SS forum and posting dozens of you own.

But it will be something like:
VPIP 16-20%
PFR: 8-12%
VPIPSB: 30-35%
Went to SD: 30-35%
Won$@SD: 51-53%

Postflop aggression total of 3 or more.

It's not the stats that make the play, it's the play that makes the stats.

Schizo
12-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Cool all of my stats are dead on except Went to SD % which is 28.76.

Where do I find the aggresion factor?

WEASEL45
12-29-2004, 03:07 PM
When you are looking at the summary page, right above your stats there will be a button that says more detail. Click on that and a new page will pop up. Its near the bottom of that page.

droolie
12-29-2004, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever they end up as after you've taken the advice to heart from reading thousands of hands in the SS forum and posting dozens of you own.

But it will be something like:
VPIP 16-20%
PFR: 8-12%
VPIPSB: 30-35%
Went to SD: 30-35%
Won$@SD: 51-53%

Postflop aggression total of 3 or more.

It's not the stats that make the play, it's the play that makes the stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need a postflop aggression of 3 or more. Try to get it above 2 though.

Kenrick
12-31-2004, 04:45 AM
BisonBison plays 2/4 and 3/6 (maybe higher now) all the time and posted "rate good players" descriptions of raise preflop greater than 5% and aggression factor of greater than 2. Since then, seems like many people recommend higher numbers. I'd like to hear more comments on the marginal hands people are raising with to get 12% preflop raise at a full 2/4 game.

Rudbaeck
12-31-2004, 11:31 AM
I raise about 9%, I have no clue where people dig up the last 3%. But I do consider 5% to be very low for a TAG.

K C
12-31-2004, 03:59 PM
Don't take this as criticism - it's good to have someone else look at your stats, so I'll throw in my opinion here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm looking at these stats and here's what I'm thinking. First off, the won$@SD could come up for sure. 60's is good and 70's is even better here to put more money in your pocket. Having this in the low 50's suggests you should be doing more folding. A big part of your edge is to have better hands than your opponents at the end.

So let's look to where this extra folding might come from. VPIP isn't too bad, although 16 is a lot better than 20.

Went to SD is a little high. This suggests you're overplaying a little. You could cut 10-15% here and that would probably do the trick. This is what is bringing down your SD%, as more often than not these extra hands you're taking to SD are going against you.

KC
http://kingcobrapoker.com

Rudbaeck
12-31-2004, 05:12 PM
What horrible wretched advice.

If Won$@SD for a large sample is above 55 you are definitely folding away money. Your hourly rate will suffer from this. It's not about winning the most showdowns, it's about winning the most dollars/hour.

A WentToSD of 20% would be incredibly weak-tight. You'd fold so many winners it's not even funny.

Lowering VPIP from 20 to 16 is more debatable, but I think at 16 you are leaving money on the table at Party 3/6.

Following KC's advice here would be profitable, for your opponents.

bodi
12-31-2004, 06:41 PM
So just to clarify, because I think this is an area where I screw up, a good went to showdown % is around 15-20%? Mine right now is 27 and I'm even expectancy. I think I have too hard a time giving up hands after I PFR.

Rudbaeck
12-31-2004, 06:49 PM
'Everybody' in SS forum is around 30-33% WentToSD. Make of it what you will.

Kenrick
01-01-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If Won$@SD for a large sample is above 55 you are definitely folding away money. Your hourly rate will suffer from this. It's not about winning the most showdowns, it's about winning the most dollars/hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been wondering if giving free showdowns/inducing bluffs on the river could be a large factor in having a high W%SD. Missing value bets or folding too much might be one part of it, but also if a player is the type to go for induced bluffs a lot, those induced bluffs would let the opponent have a showdown which if they have nothing they would have probably folded to a river bet anyway, and so the W%SD goes up because your TP/decent kicker wins over their busted draw that they now get to show down -- and which they now may have bluffed with.

Someone who bets more on the river with marginal hands that wouldn't be called anyway because the opponent doesn't have anything even marginal to call with should have a lower W%SD, but I'm not sure if that would mean there's any bb/hour gained because those value bets probably wouldn't have been called anyway, along with the times that a river raise is avoided, too.