PDA

View Full Version : Party 30+3 started with 9 people!?

Jman28
12-28-2004, 05:50 PM
This ever happen to you? I just sat down and the tourney started with 9 people. Does it affect payout?

I have a screenshot but I don't know how to post it.

-Jman28

KingMedicine
12-28-2004, 08:09 PM
i think i know what happened as this once happened to me:

nine players in a party SNG. there was no player to my left when the tourney began. i certainly thought it odd and said something in the chat. not one person responded to my comment, which i thought was weird. In about the fourth level i was big blind. i thought it was folded around to me, but when it got to me the middle button said "call 300". i was like, what the hell? there was no bet out in front of anyone. i folded and look in the chat box and it says, "xxxxxxx wins 450 chips" or something to that effect.
except that person wasnt seated at our table.

i start chatting it up like crazy and people finally start respond, asking me what the hell i was talking about.

turns out, i was the only person who couldnt see the guy to my left. there was no name, no icon and i couldnt see his bets. but i was the only one, everyone else could see him fine. luckily he busted out a couple hands later and it didnt hurt my game.

this only happened to me that one time in the 1000s of sngs ive played.

etizzle
12-28-2004, 08:38 PM
so the chips just move to your left when you folded? or did they dissapear....

spooky.

nikeeki
12-28-2004, 10:57 PM
This just happened to me today. I think the missing player changed his mind just as the last seat filled and he probably lost his buy in because the pay outs were the same. It was really odd. It was the first time any of us seated had seen such a thing happen.
It wasnt an invisible player though. That is really bizzare /images/graemlins/confused.gif

lorinda
12-29-2004, 01:38 AM
A hand history would be intersting.

Not that I'm doubting you, I'm just curious to know if it claims there are ten people there.

Lori

SuitedSixes
12-29-2004, 01:42 AM
So did the winner finish with 7200 chips?

Keres
12-29-2004, 03:15 AM
this happened to me yesterday in a two table tournament. We got merged down to one table - checked the entry page and it showed 10 people. Guy to my left and his chip count was missing - but the cards he was dealt appeared and stayed there throughout the hand.

Closed the game window, pressed "take my seat" in the tourney window, and when I returned the guy appeared.

Some sort of software bug - recently introduced I'd guess.

nuclear500
12-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Nice software.