PDA

View Full Version : Easy Fold??

10-05-2001, 05:25 AM
Me and a freind started a discution on a SB fold whit QJs.

Paradise 2-4

a early position raise, a middle positon reraise and two latepositon callers is it then correct to fold from SB whit QJ suited. I diddnt play the pot so I cant say if the game was very tight, but I have NEVER seen a tight 2-4 table at paradise.

It was a freind of mind who played the hand, he folded and the flop came whit KT9. LOL

I think it was a wrong fold, because if yo make your hand you will make ALOT of money. (as he would here)

10-05-2001, 06:18 AM
Scroll down mr. Soze and you`ll find the same message with the title "A very easy question....." by Nulle

Mvh...

10-05-2001, 07:10 AM
After reading this I will have to say I agree whit Keyser under doubt. JQs is a very nice "paradis-hand" It's not a trap-hand because it's very easy to get away from. KQs (trap)I would not play but QJs I would. Even JTs could be playable here. Let me ask this question... who would call in this spot w 10-10?? I think many players would, but JQs is a better hand than 10-10. there is great value in playing JQs in a 5-mann pot.

But afer reading Nulles versjon of the pot I'm not sure.

If the borad was as tight as Nulle said I would fold, but I dont think we can consider any 2-4 tables at paradise tigt. There are alwas a lot of "play any ace players" at a 2-4 table.

10-05-2001, 09:19 AM
The fold is definitely correct from the sb.

10-05-2001, 09:29 AM
Yes I agree there can be much value from playing QJs in a multiway pot. That is a hand you should prefer to limp cheaply from a back position after many have limped as well. However, this would not be profitable IN THE LONG RUN from the sb for 2 and a half more small bets. Also BTW, QJs is not a better hand than 10-10.

Gene (holdemdude)

10-05-2001, 10:51 AM
With opponents most likely having a big pair, and especially when these opponents are very aggressive, I would prefer TT anytime. It's very easy to play in this situation (no set no bet).

Problem with QJs is that you often flop a draw. With opponents most likely holding a big pair, and are being aggressive, your draw can become very expensive.

Regards

10-05-2001, 05:41 PM
You've never seen a tight Paradise 2/4 table? The weekday afternoon Mirage 10/20 and Bellagio 8/16 games are the tightest B&M games I've ever played in and they are looser than the typical Paradise 2/4. We're talking about 30% of players seeing the flop. That's one limper and the two blinds for God's sake!!

Also, you never mentioned which hand won this pot. I'd be willing to bet that at least one player has cards that dominate your QJ. Horrible position and an outmatched starting hand are not a good combination. You did the right thing.

10-05-2001, 11:51 PM
some guys are so used to paradise 30% flop viewing IS loose...lol

10-08-2001, 02:10 PM
I think this is a dangerous hand to play for this many bets. Get out. Someone said it's easy to get away from? What if the flop is Queen high or Jack High? You gonna dump it? How often will you encounter AQ or AJ as your opponent, or KK? If you make two pair (oh joy!) someone else makes their straight.