PDA

View Full Version : TP + flushdraw HU

blackaces13
12-28-2004, 03:08 PM
This is from a 5 man Pacific SNG. I'm just testing this format out so Im in a $2.50+25 and its down to me and 2 very loose/passive players, you know the type if you've ever played one of these things, they're all the same or so it seems. On to the hand:

Villian has me slightly out chipped but all 3 of us left have roughly 1100-1400 w/ me in last place with about T1100.

Blinds 25/50.

I get J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB and the loose/passive sb just calls after the button folds. I decide to just check even though if the blinds were bigger and the other guy more capable of folding (or raising preflop) I might raise it. Head up to the flop for the minimum:

J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He checks, I bet 125, he calls

Turn (T350): 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He now leads for the minimum which is pretty standard in these things and could mean absolutely anything.

I then just shoved em all in w/ my TP + flushdraw.

My question is, with a very passive opponent who will not likely fold many hands better than mine, yet who will be ahead of me with almost all of the hands he will call with, is my play a really big mistake?

I think there are games and players against which making a big all in raise on the turn with a hand like TP and a flush draw is a good move. But considering the opposition was I just being reckless and unecessarily risking too much with too little?