PDA

View Full Version : sneaky truepoker.com increases rake

10-03-2001, 10:58 PM
Without informing customers, Truepoker.com increases the rake for beginners at $1-$2 Holdem!

This kind of behaviour should be condamned in the online poker community. They take advantage of the beginner players.

Even more " CEO " david czesh posted some deceving messages here regarding this, see previous messages on this forum not far ago.

And a lot players are complaining here about their poor service, on the level of FIREPAY.COM or worse.

So players, stay away from this site!

10-04-2001, 01:09 AM
I am disenchanted with their site too and have posted before about their abominable customer service. I normally play higher but I enjoy playing heads-up 1-2 with friends of mine because the rake used to be negligible and we can mess around and have fun. It just doesn't make sense to me for a startup that's trying to carve a niche for itself against the Paradise Juggernaut and rarely has many games going to do this. I have completely closed down my account at Truepoker. Now I'll just have to wait several weeks to get my cashout.

10-04-2001, 03:13 AM
i have cashed out there 3 times and never waited longer than 10 days for cheque to arrive and i live in europe.on customer service i had one similiar experience where i got no answer even after several requests to one host.another host however reacted promptly and satisfactory concerning a situation where due to a software error i had to post 2 small blinds in a row and was refunded immediately.

10-04-2001, 02:23 PM
Joeflex requested several times that Truepoker change the name of the person to whom checks were to be paid because "he" now owns the account. Truepoker refused to pay anyone other than the person in whose name the account was opened. This policy is designed to protect players.

Joeflex next complained, during the week following the WTC attack that he couldn't see why his FedEx delivery was delayed, despite the US ban on FedEx flights.

Joeflex then requested Truepoker send him his drafts via regular mail and refused to pick up or accept his prior FedEx deliveries when they were sent to the account address the following week. Now he complains that it will take longer to get his cash-outs ?

When FedEx returns his draft to Antigua, it will be re-sent, probably by next Tuesday or Wednesday.

10-04-2001, 02:38 PM
Briefly, Truepoker did change its rake structure for $1-2 holdem, but STILL charges those games ZERO rake for pots below $12.00.

As noted on their websites, other poker sites charge those players rakes of $.25/$.50 at $5.00 and $10.00 respectively. I don't know how many quarters go into the other sites' drop between $5.00 and $10.00 triggered rakes, but I would expect it is a lot.

In the end, $1-2 holdem players might consider where they enjoy playing most in picking a site. There are a lot of choices available, each offers different playing experiences.

If you have any comments or wish offer customer input on our rake policy, tournaments, or any other issues, please email me.

David Gzesh, CEO.

10-04-2001, 02:42 PM
The most expensive games in terms of rake in Las Vegas are the smallest stud games. It has been this way for years. With this in mind it seems to me that the rake in these very small games at TruePoker is very reasonable.

Now a note to all sites. You may want to consider keeping your rake in these very small games at a very low amount. This should encourage the development of new players which will benefit all poker in the long run.

Best wishes,

Mason

10-04-2001, 05:11 PM
He's obviously a troll and that's probably clear to anyone who has read the posts.

I hear that your uncomfortable with discussions about your shortcomings on this forum. The thing is that a complaint here has a lot better chance of being taken seriously than a complaint sent in a mail to you. Why you are raising the rake is obvious, you don't have to explain that to me (or us). But your biggest problem now are the lack of players. I think you have excellent software (though unstable) and a great site, but you won't get more players by raising the rake. And if you're gonna change it in the future, please notify your players.

Ooops... your server went down again...

10-05-2001, 01:19 AM
"With this in mind it seems to me that the rake in these very small games at TruePoker is very reasonable."

With the costs of providing the game at the very minimum I find the rake of online poker to be obscene at all limilt. Paradise small tournaments are the exception where I got 40 hands for a buck. Too bad, I won't play there any more.