PDA

View Full Version : Most dreadful bonus I've ever had to make

pokerjunky
12-28-2004, 01:18 PM
Absolute Poker. Table selection is pitiful unless you like short handed games.

bdubs
12-29-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm right there with you. I just signed up for them yesterday and was fine finding tables yesterday at $1/2 but today there wasn't anything but 6 handed until 1 hour ago, and now there is one full table. Topping it off I am recieving bad beats left and right. I hope I break even by the time I reach the full bonus, cause this isn't looking pretty. Good luck with yours!

Marm
12-29-2004, 10:18 PM
On another forum, we found that if you get dealt a 6 on AP, you win. Nobody could disprove it yet. Get a 6, push-in. Tried it at the Micros and never lost with a 6. But I did lose with AA vs A6, so.....

manik
12-30-2004, 06:05 AM
I'm _trying_ to get my bonus there right now, so far I'm losing more than I'm making from the bonus. I got lucky tonight and there were actually multiple full tables of the same limit going, it only lasted about an hour though. Plus their graphics are horrible. Anyone know how to get rid of some of the clutter?

Rah
12-30-2004, 01:55 PM
What if you are dealt two sixes?

Grisgra
12-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Then not only do you win that hand, but you win the next one as well. Duh.

Etric
12-30-2004, 03:20 PM
AP has two tables going on at my limit right now and that is only because four other people are 2 tabling. I hope I can make some money off the bonus because I am way down right now. :/ Can't wait til I get my money out and never come back again.

bdubs
12-30-2004, 06:48 PM
Luckily last night and all day today they have had 2-3 full tables at $1/2, which is what I play. I was down about $50 the first two days of playing but this morning I went on a tear and went up $180 in 2 hours. So I have maybe put in 10-15 table hours and have only cleared $50 of the $210 bonus. The site lags like crazy and the graphics suck as well. I just hope I can maintain positive earnings by the time I finish the bonus. Anyone that plans on trying absolute in the future, I highly discourage it!

Bulbarainey
12-30-2004, 07:37 PM
where is the TruePoker CEO ?

Etric
12-30-2004, 09:08 PM
Ha ha bdubs, you are at my table right now. Both of them. When there is more than one table open at AP it seems it is because 5 people are multitabling.

mildsauce
12-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Their ring game selection is terrible, but try their MTTs are so soft it's ridiculous.

I know it won't help you clear your bonus, but that's about the only thing I found AP good for.

tripdad
12-31-2004, 03:41 PM
i agree that the graphics suck, but i do play SH, so games are easy to find for me, and the play is soft(PLUS, THEY GIVE FREE CIGARETTES, CIGARS, MARTINIS, AND HOT DOGS /images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

also, i did crack 4-6 offsuit with my A-J offsuit when i rivered an Ace to make 2-pair. the 4-6 offsuit had flopped his 2 pair. it was a monster pot, as i was sitting with 3 LAGS who tended to cap nearly every street with no hands. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif final tally : 36BB pot for my top 2. not too shabby.

cheers!