PDA

View Full Version : Is party going to do ANYTHING about the spammers? (just venting)

MicroBob
12-28-2004, 11:35 AM
It's not exactly out of control...but it IS pretty bad.

Some guy is trying to sell is entry to super-monday for $75 (pretty sure these are non-tranferrable on party).
I also got my first spam for the cheatatpoker people who claim to let you see your opponents hole-cards.

not to mention all the "i'll help you set up a new account so you can rake-back" spams.

I guess there are a lot of other issues that party is conveniently ignoring also but you would think that party would have a direct interest in putting an end to a lot of these spams.

ctv1116
12-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I just got the cheatonpoker spam on my table...it looks like its just a crappy version of Pokertracker. Obviously, you don't want to eliminate all observer chat, but banning individual members is just like stepping on ants.

aflaba
12-28-2004, 11:54 AM
I saw a guy offering 85% rake back for the first month. Obviosly a scam Notified Party about it. Haven't gotten any reply. The probably don't care

Nightwish
12-28-2004, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I just got the cheatonpoker spam on my table...it looks like its just a crappy version of Pokertracker. Obviously, you don't want to eliminate all observer chat, but banning individual members is just like stepping on ants.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't you want to eliminate all observer chat?

AncientPC
12-28-2004, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't you want to eliminate all observer chat?

[/ QUOTE ]

No more sweating fellow 2+2'ers in MTTs.

morgant
12-28-2004, 04:13 PM
it is pretty out of control. i have engaged a few in IM discussions to see what they are pushing, and it aint player friendly!!!