PDA

View Full Version : Comments on this hand?

Shajen
12-28-2004, 10:06 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t2247)
Hero (t3655)
BB (t3098)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t450</font>, BB calls t300.

Flop: (t900) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t300</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t900</font>, BB calls t600.

Turn: (t2700) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t2305 (All-In)</font>, BB calls t1748 (All-In).

River: (t6753) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t6753
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6196 | Rake 0
Board [Jh As Ad 6s 9s]
Seat 3: button folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Hero (small blind) showed [Tc Ah] and lost with three of a kind, Aces
Seat 7: BB (big blind) showed [Qs 4s] and won (6196) with a flush, Ace high

I am relatively new to poker (only playing about 9 months now) but for the life of me I can't figure out why the BB called the bet. I am thinking it was a horrible call on their part, and they just got lucky, but maybe there is something I am missing. I think I want this call everytime, but something just doesn't seem right. What do you think? Thanks for your comments.

holeplug
12-28-2004, 10:12 AM
I would have played it the same

stripsqueez
12-28-2004, 10:13 AM
crap like this happens to me all the time - people tell me not to worry - its all about the numbers and eventually it will all be fine and work out my way - big fat lie if you ask me

i play heaps of poker and its always happening

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

ColdestCall
12-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Looks like you played it fine and got a little unlucky. BB may have called your flop check raise thinking that you were trying to steal the pot and intending to move in on the turn as a resteal, and then he backed into the flush. Maybe he thought you would check the turn after he called your raise and then he could muscle you out of the pot. Maybe he was high. Who knows? Of course, you didnt give him odds to draw to the flush on the river, and he drew to it anyway, so it seems likely that he is just a terrible player who drew out on you. Calls like the ones BB made are the reason some people can make a living playing poker....

ColdestCall
12-28-2004, 10:29 AM
"i play heaps of poker and its always happening"

Yeah, but you're winning, right?

nuclear500
12-28-2004, 10:36 AM
Is this hand honestly true?

Not real sure how the bb survived as long as he did making these kinds of calls.

Maybe he suddenly had to go and just wanted to get the hand over with an expected to lose.

Shajen
12-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Sadly, it is true.

$12+1 6 handed SNG.

The BB had played reasonable poker up until this point, so I was stumped as to why they would suddenly act so out of character. I thought maybe I was missing something that would be obuvious to you guys n gals here.

thanks.