PDA

View Full Version : hand dispersion

SeanSkill
12-28-2004, 07:01 AM
Not being a math guy I was wondering if I could get some help on this? I notice in my poker tracker database that there seems to be quite a difference in the number of times i have been delt each hand. I only have 21,000 hands so I am sure that my sample size is not large enough for the numbers to converge, but at what point might i expect this to happen. Also for every suited hand I should expect how many unsuited?

eastbay
12-28-2004, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not being a math guy I was wondering if I could get some help on this? I notice in my poker tracker database that there seems to be quite a difference in the number of times i have been delt each hand. I only have 21,000 hands so I am sure that my sample size is not large enough for the numbers to converge, but at what point might i expect this to happen. Also for every suited hand I should expect how many unsuited?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold 'Em: There are 6 ways to make any pair, 12 ways to make any unsuited split cards, and 4 ways to make any suited cards. Your hands will appear in those proportions in the long run.

For a sanity check, divide total number of hands by 221. You should have that many of any given pair. You might be surprised at how close the number is in most cases already.

eastbay

SeanSkill
12-28-2004, 10:36 AM
Thanks the trick you suggested is pretty accurate. I was kind of upset to see 84o 204 times compared to AKs 44 times in my DB. If I could figure out a way to reverse those numbers I am sure I could send my bb/100 skyrocketing.