PDA

View Full Version : new user, single-limit tourney bankroll question

giddyyup
12-28-2004, 06:41 AM
Hello Everybody:

Over the past year I have studyied the 2+2 texts, and have become marginally proficient, by my standards. Despite a small bankroll, I have managed 2+ BB/HR in micro-limit tables.

After reading the exciting new NL hold'em book, I experimented with single table tourney's. After 10 tourneys, have averaged a win of a buy-in + 1/2, with 3 tourney wins.

My question is, what would a minimum bankroll be for this type of game? Per buy-in?

Obviously I am somewhat excited and would like to increase my stakes given my recent results, which are likely to be somewhat based on a good run of cards, however, I do sense I had a superior game to those a met heads-up, at the least.

Thank you for you comments.

Tim

comguy321
12-28-2004, 06:49 AM
Hi,
I'm still learning, but from what I've learned from this forum, 30 buy-ins is the standard, and if you are a winning player and live off your winnings, a bankroll of up to 100 buy-ins is suggested. The 100 buy-ins is for when you are on a big losing streak, like 30 buy-ins, you still have a big enough cushion to feel comfortable. Steve.