PDA

View Full Version : Da Ali G show - unbelievable.

wacki
12-28-2004, 04:31 AM
I'm suprised nobody has started a thread on this yet.

The man interviews famous people like Pat Buchanen, Senators, and Congressmen and gets them involved in the most ridiculous of situations. The best is that they are taking him seriously. It's amazing how far he can push it. I will never look at our politicians the same again.

Spoiler in white below:

<font color="white">
Tonight I saw a man host a fake TV show with several guests included 2 Congressmen. Ali G actually got them to argue on the validity of having pubic hair as the only requirement to vote. His view "If there is grass on the field, play ball!". Even more amazing, the Maryland Congressman thought it was a good idea.

He got the Chief of the LAPD to give him advice on how to get the heroin balloons in his gut unstuck.

He managed to get an entire bar full of cowboys to sing "Send the Jew down the well"</font>

BottlesOf
12-28-2004, 04:51 AM
Welcome to 2003.

Ulysses
12-28-2004, 05:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm suprised nobody has started a thread on this yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the Search Old Archives function.

dr. klopek
12-28-2004, 06:56 AM
Don't see the movie.

Popinjay
12-28-2004, 07:00 AM
What's wrong with the movie? I thought it was hilarious.

eurythmech
12-28-2004, 07:26 AM
Ali G was really funny the first season (or was it two?) before he shot that American special which was just awful.

eurythmech
12-28-2004, 07:27 AM
Why not?
Itīs even more eviler than Skeletor!

jakethebake
12-28-2004, 09:13 AM
He's funny...for about five minutes.

wacki
12-28-2004, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's funny...for about five minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. That is why I only used unbelievable as adjective.

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to 2003.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the last 2 years I have been working on a thesis, been a scientist in the Global Infectious Disease program, and had several other really cool jobs that tend to make it hard to get to a TV. So atleast I have some excuse for not having a normal social life.

[ QUOTE ]

Don't see the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this in American theaters? Or only in England?

partygirluk
12-28-2004, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His view "If there is grass on the field, play ball!".

[/ QUOTE ]

IF there is grass on the wicket, lets play cricket.

partygirluk
12-28-2004, 12:51 PM
I went to the same high school as Sacha btw.

daryn
12-28-2004, 01:01 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
His view "If there is grass on the field, play ball!".

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cricket sucks.

if there is fluff on the muff, she is old enough.

elwoodblues
12-28-2004, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"If there is grass on the field, play ball!".

if there is fluff on the muff, she is old enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there's hair on his nuts, I still wouldn't suck a guy's cock.

partygirluk
12-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Old enough to read, old enough to bleed.

wacki
12-28-2004, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's the worst I've ever heard. I wonder what percentage of this forum actually believes in the "grass on the playing field" rule of thumb. After watching Ali G, I have a feeling there are a few Congressmen that would.

dr. klopek
12-28-2004, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sex+violence=HOT

theBruiser500
01-01-2005, 08:36 AM
I just watched my first shows of this today, it is hilarious. The interviews must be staged though and the interviewees must be going along with his jokes, no?

wacki
01-01-2005, 01:23 PM
I think it would be very hard to get Pat Buchanan and all those congressmen to agree to that kind of staged interview.

theBruiser500
01-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Yeah that's what I was wondering. How could he get these congressmen and Pat Buchannan etc. to go onto his very crude show. Doens't make sense, but how could they be so stupid during the interview, doesn't make sense either.

wacki
01-01-2005, 01:51 PM
HBO sells the idea of an interview/talkshow to them as a way to reach out to countless people. For elected officials free airtime is irresistible. Also, the element of suprise is a powerfull tactic. I think it would very difficult to get any official on his show now. He would have to change his looks/name if he wanted to regain the element of suprise.

eggzz
01-01-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe its actually "old enough to bleed, old enough to breed"

daryn
01-01-2005, 02:17 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe its actually "old enough to bleed, old enough to breed"

[/ QUOTE ]

i have heard read/bleed

theBruiser500
01-01-2005, 02:54 PM
I still don't believe those people were for real. No way can they bet that stupid.

sfer
01-01-2005, 03:31 PM
That would make the show decidedly unfunny.

Tuco
01-01-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but how could they be so stupid during the interview, doesn't make sense either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the joke. They are such media whores that they will agree to do any tv show at all, without even a little research into the interviewer.

Tuco.

theBruiser500
01-01-2005, 08:26 PM
my dad also says the interviews are not staged because a few people(donald trump) get pissed off and just leave in the middle of the interview

BottlesOf
01-01-2005, 09:09 PM
If they were staged, this could be staged too.

The once and future king
01-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Man what Ali G gets his guests to do is nothing compared to what Chris Moriss does in BrassEye.

If you get a chance to watch this state side make sure you do, its fuckinh hillarious.

daryn
01-02-2005, 04:31 AM
Man what Ali G gets his guests to do is nothing compared to what Chris Moriss does in BrassEye.

If you get a chance to watch this state side make sure you do, its fuckinh hillarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'll be sure to check that out on CrumpetVision

blackaces13
01-02-2005, 04:52 AM
I think its pretty obvious that the interviews are real. These are people who take themselves seriously, they aren't volunteering to be made to look like fools on HBO for some guy in a Tommy Wear sweat suit.

Duke
01-02-2005, 06:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If they were staged, this could be staged too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, but you could be like Truman and this is really a made up universe created for your benefit, as the rest of the world watches you grow up and stuff.

Yeah, she DOES like you.

~D

jdl22
01-02-2005, 06:12 AM
You know what bugged me about the Truman show?

There is no way in hell he should have been able to figure out that he was in the bubble the way he did. He noticed "strange" things like a car circling the block several times. Given that that is the environment in which he's lived for his entire life that shouldn't be strange at all. That killed the movie for me.

wacki
01-02-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given that that is the environment in which he's lived for his entire life that shouldn't be strange at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this LINK will help. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=enlightenment)

sfer
01-02-2005, 03:28 PM
What does your father think of professional wrestling?