PDA

View Full Version : movie--big fish

Ray Zee
12-28-2004, 04:22 AM
this was great. its all life stuffed together. generally i dont like fantasy like things thrown in, but it all comes together so well. smile, laugh, cry, its all there.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
12-28-2004, 04:23 AM
I thought it was good, but had too great of excpectations for it.

Non_Comformist
12-28-2004, 04:24 AM
you cried? Is that allowed in Montana?

natedogg
12-28-2004, 04:43 AM
It was ok but one thing I couldn't get over.

The main character has anger issues with his dad, anger that has lasted for most of his entire LIFE, because his dad often tells exaggerated tales.

Seriously, THAT'S why he can't stand his own father.

1. Totally unbelievable. Too hard to accept. It's much easier to suspend disbelief for magic, sci-fi, or things like that than for character motivations that don't add up.

2. Stop whining you little bitch and be glad you were given parents who loved you and didn't beat you and actually raised you right. Jesus christ.

natedogg

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
12-28-2004, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It was ok but one thing I couldn't get over.

The main character has anger issues with his dad, anger that has lasted for most of his entire LIFE, because his dad often tells exaggerated tales.

Seriously, THAT'S why he can't stand his own father.

1. Totally unbelievable. Too hard to accept. It's much easier to suspend disbelief for magic, sci-fi, or things like that than for character motivations that don't add up.

2. Stop whining you little bitch and be glad you were given parents who loved you and didn't beat you and actually raised you right. Jesus christ.

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that due had some sand in his vagina for sure.

Alobar
12-28-2004, 05:39 AM
man I saw that at the theatre and I felt like I had been sucked into a black hole, because time dragged on soooooooo slow. If I hadnt been on a date I prolly woulda just left from sheer boredom

BusterStacks
12-28-2004, 05:54 AM
I don't know, I think it was believable. He constantly felt embarassed and couldn't depend on his dad for the truth. That can be related to his dad not being there I think, which is certainly cause for lifelong anger.

Duke
12-28-2004, 06:00 AM
I thought it was fantastic as well.

~D

jakethebake
12-28-2004, 09:17 AM
I don't usually like this kind of movie. But my wife dragged me to this one, and I thought it was great. One of the best movie's I'd seen in a long time.

BadBoyBenny
12-28-2004, 09:21 AM
One of only three movies I've seen in the theater in the lst 2 years. Tim Burton is amazing. The other two were Two Towers and Return of the King.

Usul
12-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Great, great movie. The kid was mad because his dad was never there when he was growing up, and when he asked him where he was he told him "fish stories". Seems like good charecter motivation.