PDA

View Full Version : Man of the Year: George Bush

Zeno
12-28-2004, 03:37 AM
Four More Years of Fun (http://www.time.com/time/personoftheyear/2004/story.html)

-Zeno

Hack
12-28-2004, 05:28 AM
He is the man of the year. It doesn't mean he's a great person, it just means that he had a tremendous impacts on world events this year, and that he is one very important dude.

elwoodblues
12-28-2004, 09:25 AM
More liberal media bias.

jakethebake
12-28-2004, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Four More Years of Fun (http://www.time.com/time/personoftheyear/2004/story.html)

Oh, good. We needed another thread on this.

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

zaxx19
12-28-2004, 11:45 AM
It wont be 4 more years.....

If the dumocrats run that walking advertisement for a return to the gender based glass ceiling (AKA Hillary the Jew hater)ITLL 8 more. IN 2012 Obama probably makes a run.....phoniest phony ever...

Hack
12-28-2004, 04:52 PM
Hillary, as opposed to, say, Jim Baker.

"[censored] the Jews, they don't vote for us anyway."
-Former Sec. of State(and Sec. of Treasury and Chief of Staff) Jim Baker

bholdr
12-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Time magizine hasn't been relavant for many years, imo. the quality of journalism in the magizine had dropped rapidly lately, and the trend towards sensationalism has incresed. i suspect the choice of bush was driven more by their desire to sell magizines than the man's accomplishments, which, while signifigant, are still highly suspect and have not yet been vindicated by success.

although, who else were they going to choose? anybody have any nominations? Karl Rove would be a better choice, he is clearly the best in the world at what he does. (more's the pity). or 'Teflon' Tony Blair, who also never ceases to amaze me.

or Theo Epstien, gm of the world champ Sox. Mel Gibson?

MtSmalls
12-28-2004, 07:00 PM
As I am sure has been referenced before, former "winners' of Time's Man/Person/Thing of the Year?

Adolf Hitler
Josef Stalin
George Bush

Hack
12-28-2004, 07:27 PM
No, Bush is the man of the year.

He's the guy who has had the largest impact on world events this past year. He made the decision to invade Iraq and we are still dealing with it. There is more terrorism worldwide and the entire world was watching our presidential election this year.

Besides, it's traditional that the president or president-elect is chosen as Time's man of the year in an election year.

Theo Epstein? Give me a break. A sports team winning the World Series does not have serious geopolitical implications.

Zeno
12-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Your post was very predictable. I wondered when someone would get to this and point out what you did. Great list.

I think Time named Albert Einstein 'The Man of the Century'. Now that was a good pick.

-Zeno

Richard Tanner
12-30-2004, 01:53 PM
I think most people, save Hack, need to remember/know that TIME's MotY is the award for the person with the most impact not always good or evil. As proof, Hitler was MotY once.

Cody