PDA

View Full Version : A4s hand for review

cnfuzzd
12-28-2004, 01:42 AM
BB is a LAG but somewhat slows down post flop, UTG1 is a semi LAP. No read on other dude.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (9.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 12.16 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 12.16 BB, between UTG+2, Hero and BB.</font>

standard, no?

peace

john nickle

JEM7VSBL
12-28-2004, 01:51 AM
first, we look at the variety of hands that BB would raise from the blind. i'm thinking QQ or JJ here. with two callers on the turn, your hand can't be good, and you can't be sure that your ace outs are good...it's an easy fold here.

EDIT: fold the turn....

Shillx
12-28-2004, 01:54 AM
It's close between raising and calling the river. You can't really count on BB to overcall (it looks like he has an underpair). Who knows about UTG. I think that a case can be made either way.

Brad

private joker
12-28-2004, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
first, we look at the variety of hands that BB would raise from the blind. i'm thinking QQ or JJ here. with two callers on the turn, your hand can't be good, and you can't be sure that your ace outs are good...it's an easy fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure. He's getting 8:1 and closing the action. I like calling here and folding unimproved. I see no evidence that his 5 outs aren't clean if he doesn't have the best hand already. The turn was checked through, so the callers could be on draws or overcards and reverse dominated by Hero's potential 2 pair. Even the BB could be raising and betting a whiffed AQs.

Brash620
12-28-2004, 01:59 AM
Standard, but only because BB is LAG preflop. Seems likely that he raised with two face cards that didn't hit the flop and took a shot at the pot when the 4 fell on the turn.

JEM7VSBL
12-28-2004, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure. He's getting 8:1 and closing the action. I like calling here and folding unimproved. I see no evidence that his 5 outs aren't clean if he doesn't have the best hand already. The turn was checked through, so the callers could be on draws or overcards and reverse dominated by Hero's potential 2 pair. Even the BB could be raising and betting a whiffed AQs.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, after thinking about it more, pot size here does favor a call. maybe that's a bit of the weak tight in me coming back out. i'd raise the river. UTG+2 holds A /images/graemlins/heart.gif x /images/graemlins/heart.gif?

Lmn55d
12-28-2004, 02:03 AM
I think you should fold the turn. You are getting almost exactly the odds you need for a 5 outer, but your outs aren't good 100% of the time. It is possible that BB holds AK or KK and was going for flop checkraise or slowplay. There is a also a flush that could come...plus UTG or UTG+2 could have something like A7. I'm not saying these scenarios are very likely, but your outs are not 100% clean. I don't think your implied odds make up for this.