PDA

View Full Version : 78s posted from the CO

dfscott
12-28-2004, 01:35 AM
I just sat down, so my only read was the note I had on MP2, which marked him as a TAG.

I felt off-balance during this hand -- it was one of those hands where I had a plan but my opponents kept confusing me. As a result, I ended up with what I think is a pretty crappy line.

I intentionally left out the river since it gives away the ending...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $2. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button folds.

Bottom of a straight, but I can't see any way that raising will protect it, so I decide to wait until the turn to raise. Should I just raise for value (especially since I also have a BD flush draw)?

Turn: (6.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

The T looked safe until UTG+1 raised. Now I don't like my hand quite as much, but he could just be excited about trips. However, it's enough to scare me off the raise. Mistake?

JEM7VSBL
12-28-2004, 01:44 AM
only 2 hands beat you on the flop, AK and K9. with no reads, i'd assume AK is out with no preflop raise. i'd raise the flop here for value. anyone with a king or 9, even an ace, will hang around to catch their straight. now your flop raise will probably change the way the turn plays out...i wouldn't be too afraid of a boat, unless the everyone at the table just loves to slowplay a flopped 2 pair or set...again, no read... i would raise.