PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone interested in forming ...

09-30-2001, 01:05 PM
... a ParadisePoker User Group?

I have been in correspondence with Paradise's Support Desk about the possibility of our forming an official but voluntary PPUG headed by a "Committee" where players within the Group would first contact the Committee if they have any complaints or suggestions concerning the Site.

The Committee, of a Chairperson, Deputy-Chairperson, and, say, four or five Committee-members, would be voted in by the Users, say, once per year.

As time went on, perhaps the Committee's experience and knowledge-base would have immediate answers for the complainant or suggestor; or if a number of players had experienced a similar event the PPUGC could approach Paradise on their behalf in one item of correlated correspondence, rather than the individuals having to fight their own corners.

From Paradise's point of view, this would free up a lot of their administrative time; and, indeed, they might take on board suggestions to improve their Site from a player's perspective.

If you think there is a vestige of an idea for discussion in this regard, please either e-mail me or post below. I will set up a public Community web-page where interested parties could discuss and refine this initial suggestion, if there is enough interest shown.

And don't worry - before I am accused again of being a megalomaniac, I do not want to be Chairman! Although I do have a few suggestions as to who might well fit that important future role.

Good luck.

Mike.

09-30-2001, 06:00 PM
Yes I'd be interested, count me in. - Tony

09-30-2001, 06:48 PM
I think its a real interesting idea. You've actually discussed this with PP?

The question(s) that come to my mind are the following:

1. How would the "board" be selected?

2. Would the board have the support of PP? of PP players?

3. How would the board derive input from PP players?

09-30-2001, 09:29 PM
What a grand idea! Robert's Rules of Order used to bring Costa Rican criminals to heel. Next: The Cali Cartel...

10-01-2001, 04:56 AM
Once the Community Site was set up, all interested parties would have democratic input, and would ask questions such as yours. The Committee would try to answer them to the satisfaction of and with input from Group Members.

1. By a vote by all Members of the User Group.

2. That remains to be seen. We can but try. I would hope that Members would invite other players to join the Group until it became the size where PP would "have" to listen to it; and I can see no reason why PP would not want to lessen their administrative work. It would not be forced upon a player to have to join the Group - it would just be an extra but perhaps much louder voice for a player.

3. Via input on the Community Site - somewhat like this forum, only it being dedicated to PP matters.

Thank you very much for your interest.

10-04-2001, 09:39 PM
... with only a few responses by posts and e-mails.

In fact, I started a Site, in case you wanted to give it a chance to take off. And it included a private live "chat room" for online meetings and debates.

So, last chance ... ?