PDA

View Full Version : Newbie ITM at 10+1s question

chickenbeaks
12-27-2004, 07:35 PM
I have played about 40 SNGs at Party. As soon as I get in the money I pretty much stack in or fold, and I do so quite liberally. When I get heads up, I stack in pretty much every hand, pretty much hoping to grind out a win or get it over with quickly. I know this is wrong, but I dont know how wrong and how much to tighten up. Any suggestions?

SuitedSixes
12-27-2004, 08:10 PM
It's actually not all that wrong . . . ITM aggression is the better part of valor. You just need to get a grasp of what kinds of hands your opponents will call with and adjust accordingly. Somewhere there is a link (in the FAQ?) to a list of how each hand does against random hands. Study this and you can make adjustments accordingly. I use this list and I win 2/3 of the time it gets heads-up.

ilya
12-27-2004, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I use this list and I win 2/3 of the time it gets heads-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's really good! What's your sample size? Do you usually come into heads-up with a chip lead?

illab
12-28-2004, 02:45 AM
I think this has been discussed but you are not going to be called by a random hand so what good is it to know how good a hand is against random hands. For example A3 might be good against a random hand but against hands that people call with it is probably dominated frequently.

SuitedSixes
12-28-2004, 04:10 AM
My sample size is 254 tournaments since I've been using AM's sheet that tracks that kind of stuff. I would guess that I am the chip leader a little less than half the time once it gets heads-up.