PDA

View Full Version : Questionable turn fold

Lmn55d
12-27-2004, 07:30 PM
This guy had an aggression factor of 1.1 over 75 hands.
VPIP was about 25. It would cost 2BB to call him down to win about 8BB so I'd need to be good about one time in 5. However, if he is making this play without having me beat, he probably has either overcard outs or flush outs and will improve significantly more often than I will. So, I'd say I'd need to be good more like 33% or something (thats juts a random guess). What do you guys think of the fold?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

ZZZ
12-27-2004, 07:53 PM
I like it, and I don't think it's particularly close. You could easily have an ace and he's still betting into you. The guy ain't afraid of nothing.

ZZZ

TripleH68
12-27-2004, 08:14 PM
This is an interesting play by BB. If he knows you will not raise overcards on the flop...then chances are the turn card did not help you/scared you. With an OESD or even with a single low pair it now may be correct for BB to bet out on the turn getting 6:1 on your folding plus outs if you call, including possible flush outs if he holds any /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Calling your turn raise and folding the river unimproved he would still be getting 4:1, not too far from the real odds of hitting an OESD plus flush outs(discounted of course).

Let's say BB holds 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and flopped the OESD. Would this be a good line for him to play?

MoreWineII
12-27-2004, 08:18 PM
I was thinking the same thing. When you raise the flop, BB probably puts you on an overpair. Unless it's aces, a thinking BB knows that the ace has to scare you.

I'm not saying that a fold is incorrect, but I wonder how often players will make that sort of play with a hand that they are behind with.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Good fold. I wouldn't worry about this one at all.

12-27-2004, 09:11 PM
I think calling this down will show clear -EV in the long haul.