PDA

View Full Version : Who is El Diablo?

Jake (The Snake)
12-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Sorry if this is a newbie question but who is he? I know people are probably going to throw some joke answers here but I'd like to know the truth or at least a story or something /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sfer
12-27-2004, 07:28 PM
I hear he makes a mean bread pudding.

GuyOnTilt
12-27-2004, 07:35 PM
The story I heard from Clark was that ElD (before he was ElD obviously) was getting some joking nagging from family and friends about not being on "TV poker" yet. So he decided that he might try to make a final table appearance to appease them, but of course realized he needed one of those cool nickname things between his first and last name lest the world not remember him. So he had narrowed it down to either "The Hand of God" or "El Diablo" and was talking about it with Clark one day at the tables or over dinner or something. Clark was all for "El Diablo" and probablly said something like, "That's AWESOME." (If you've met Clark you should be able to hear this in your head.) A few days or weeks or whatever later Clark found the wrestler guy pic on the net and PM'd or emailed it to ElD saying how this would be the perfect avatar for the El Diablo persona. And thus our El Diablo.

Don't ask me how I remember this story, even though I'm not even sure this is even remotely how it goes.

PS. If anybody else wants me to make up a fictional yet plausible story of the origin of their username, let me know. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

GoT

Ulysses
12-27-2004, 07:38 PM
lies.

GuyOnTilt
12-27-2004, 07:40 PM
lies.

Damnit. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GoT

Diplomat
12-27-2004, 08:07 PM
Denial.

-Diplomat

kyro
12-27-2004, 08:54 PM
wow. i wish random people on the internet gave a damn about me. honestly, who gives a [censored] who this nobody is?

*hugs*

Allan
12-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Ulysses

Jake (The Snake)
12-27-2004, 10:05 PM
yes I do know he is Ulysses. Is El Diablo a recognizable name in person though?

Phat Mack
12-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Is El Diablo a recognizable name in person though?

No. El Diablo is none other than The Pasadena Rose. He adopted the new name for its fearsome qualities.

Michael Emery
12-27-2004, 10:44 PM
Its time to set the record strait. El Diablo is Neverlose on Poker stars.

Mike

Dynasty
12-27-2004, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've met the guy, had lunch with him, and sat next to him in a no-limit game at the Commerce. And, I'm not entirely sure I'd recognize him if I bumped into him today. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

He's got something in common with Celine Dion, though.

Sooga
12-28-2004, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

... they're both no-talent ass-clowns? Ole!

Ulysses
12-28-2004, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

BusterStacks
12-28-2004, 02:48 AM
Who is El Diablo? Consider him the final word on any topic he posts on.

ThaSaltCracka
12-28-2004, 03:09 AM
my nemesis.

Turning Stone Pro
12-28-2004, 04:33 AM
TSP

Ray Zee
12-28-2004, 05:23 AM
he is the guy that will play some with me soon at the no limit game at lucky chances. afterward he and j.a. sucker will be posting in the micro limit section. but j.a. has a nicer smile.

bugstud
12-28-2004, 05:37 AM
IIRC you have Dibs on sucker's blinds...wonder if the masked one will go back on his word.

Popinjay
12-28-2004, 06:04 AM
I heard El Diablo was Annie Duke.

Tenacious A
12-28-2004, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's married to a dude twice his age?

Paluka
12-28-2004, 12:03 PM
I heard he has a tiny replica of his mask on the end of his tiny penis.

Popinjay
12-28-2004, 12:09 PM
NSFW (http://www.pages.drexel.edu/%7Epn25/eldiabloALLIN.jpg)

Nagoo81 made that, he rules.

nolanfan34
12-28-2004, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah, in case others are dumb like me, that abbreviation means "Not Safe For Work".

ThaSaltCracka
12-28-2004, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah, in case others are dumb like me, that abbreviation means "Not Safe For Work".

[/ QUOTE ]
I was dumb too. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

stabn
12-28-2004, 02:27 PM
I guess i can count myself lucky i sometimes read fark, since i wasn't dumb enough to click that at work /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

James282
12-28-2004, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, keep kissing his ass and he might kick you down some table scraps. And you had the nerve to call me a yes-man, lol.
-James

fnord_too
12-28-2004, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish I had read your post before clicking! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

OrangeHeat
12-28-2004, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Saggy man breasts?

Orange

TylerD
12-28-2004, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He gets well paid when he goes to Vegas?

BusterStacks
12-28-2004, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, keep kissing his ass and he might kick you down some table scraps. And you had the nerve to call me a yes-man, lol.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly is it you think I am trying to accomplish? Table scraps? Whatever that means. In any event, what I said is true on both counts:

1) I only see good posts from El Diablo

2) You ride d!ck of better players, then follow me around because I embarassed you.

Hey, that's cool, keep crapping on all of my threads. I must have struck a nerve or something, I didn't know you would take it so personally. Seriously, I know you are just waiting for that one day you can unleash a real zinger on me. Then your miniscule little life will be complete. Unfortunately, you have already proven your "me too" mentality over and over, and if the day comes when you do put together a coherent flame with some actual substance, there will be no way for it to make up for your past idiocy. I do look forward to it though, maybe then you can grow the [censored] up and stop stalking my posts you immature little bi0tch. Get yourself together.

Zeno
12-28-2004, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless El revokes this assertion in unequivocal terms it is going in my file box.

He does know a lot and is a great resource on a whole slew of subjects, not the least being poker, but he still lacks the wisdom, wherewithal, and metaphysical acumen to NOT PLAY. Which is where Zeno is. A goal he will probably never achieve - Sad to say.

I’ll be at Lucky Chances soon.

-Zeno

PS I'm better looking than El. I can state this with easy even though I have never met the boy. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

B Dids
12-28-2004, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he still lacks the wisdom, wherewithal, and metaphysical acumen to NOT PLAY.

[/ QUOTE ]\

Did you follow the UlyQuest? Diablo RULES at not playing.

Zeno
12-28-2004, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you follow the UlyQuest? Diablo RULES at not playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did rather well I must admit. That was a great thread he started and I participate some, it was fun. One of the better quest threads in my opinion. If I remember correctly, I belabored him on his lack of inititive and playing time and he admitted his guilt in this sphere. So there is hope for this young boy.

-Zeno

partygirluk
12-28-2004, 08:02 PM
Linkage?

B Dids
12-28-2004, 08:38 PM
If I wasn't really lacking in energy- I'd photoshop the search button and paste it.

In short- Diablo attempts to play a lot of hands. Diablo fails horribly. Guy on Tilt does not buy a BMW.

partygirluk
12-28-2004, 11:12 PM
That is a funny thread. JDL22's post is classic.

eggzz
12-28-2004, 11:29 PM
After reading all of this tirelessly, I'm upset.

Was the initial question ever truly answered? I don't think so. Do you see why?

Zeno
12-29-2004, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was the initial question ever truly answered? I don't think so. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see why it doesn't matter?

El Diablo is a myth. He doesn't even exist.

-Zeno

Turning Stone Pro
12-29-2004, 02:54 AM
I dont think you could play a lick, based on your posts.

And get that goddamned bird off your shoulder.

TSP

B Dids
12-29-2004, 03:11 AM
TSP's reading quest, short version.

TSP attempts to read and understand post, TSP fails. GoT still does not buy a BMW.

sublime
12-29-2004, 10:12 AM
2) You ride d!ck of better players, then follow me around because I embarassed you.

james is one of the better players on this site. thats from:

a) word of mouth
b) watching him play in the 15
c) reading his posts

he may ride dick, but he can play cards also.

dcs1897
12-29-2004, 10:44 AM
Anyone else notice that El Diablo and Dynasty have the same reged date? Hmmmmmm...

Nagoo81
12-29-2004, 12:11 PM
El Diablo is the guy you face when you beat Mike Tyson for the 5th time....

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~pn25/eldiablo.jpg

his passcode - 568-875-2354

Make sure to hit [SELECT] rapidly between rounds!

WDC
12-29-2004, 03:16 PM
It's Gus before he retired from the dodgeball.

AngryCola
12-29-2004, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
El Diablo is the guy you face when you beat Mike Tyson for the 5th time....

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarlSpackler
12-30-2004, 07:16 PM
El Diablo is J. Peterman. You obviously haven't seen the new McDonalds's commercial....

partygirluk
12-30-2004, 09:27 PM
This thread has gone on long enough, so I might as well be the one to spill the beans. El Diablo is Lord Lucan.

Lets examine the evidence

i) The secrecy about his true identity makes it obvious he is a wanted fugitive.
ii) We know Lord Lucan loved gambling.
iii) He changed his name from "Ulysses" to "El Diablo". This is a classic trick that would only be used by someone on the run from the authorities.
iv) He wears a mask. This makes it obvious that he is easily recognisable, and does not want to draw attention to himself.

So we know El Diablo must be a runaway criminal, who is a famous celebrity, and loves gambling. This already narrows down the field.

The final confirmation that he is Lord Lucan is found in this thread

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=631839&For um=f20&Words=euro%202004&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Mai n=623367&Search=true&where=sub&Name=122&daterange= 1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&body prev=1#Post631839

Why would he be so keen on England to win Euro 2004? He must be English. Lord Lucan was English. Therefore El Diablo is Lord Lucan.

Hope that help clears things up.

Evan
12-31-2004, 06:17 AM
1. I propose a death match between Buster and James.
2. I played with James a couple weeks ago and was really impressed. He's definitely in the top 3 guys I've ever played with FWIW (which includes a lot of posters from 2+2).

DesertCat
01-03-2005, 07:53 PM
I just saw El Diablo's McDonald's commercial, where he takes his mask off in the middle and exposes his face for the first time in public to his adoring poker fans.

Wait, maybe not, I just saw the end and there is an, interesting, twist, hmmm...

J_V
01-03-2005, 08:16 PM
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled......"

He's an internet zillionaire. He has a money bin like Scrooge McDuck. He made a lot of money shorting the potato during the Irish potato famine. Zee tipped him off. The SEC suspected something, since, Zee is from Montana and makes frequent trips to Idaho, but in the end found nothing.

ThaSaltCracka
01-03-2005, 09:00 PM
use the fuc[/b]king url link next time, ass.

stabn
01-03-2005, 09:11 PM
It's only 5 or 6 pages worth of side scrolling salt, nothing to be a dick about...

ThaSaltCracka
01-03-2005, 10:40 PM
yeah, your prolly right, my bad.

Sponger15SB
01-04-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
use the fuc[/b]king url link next time, ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know!

That stuff drives me insane, totally ruins the thread.

thirddan
01-04-2005, 02:04 AM
any idea of a date for this? i would be interested in watching...

partygirluk
01-04-2005, 05:42 AM
Oops sorry. Too late to edit now. You seem to be a bit worked about it though TSC.

B Dids
01-04-2005, 12:00 PM
I actually agree with TSC in this case. It makes a thread horrible to read, and there's even a preview button to see if you screwed up or not. Please improve your message boarding.

ThaSaltCracka
01-04-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oops sorry. Too late to edit now. You seem to be a bit worked about it though TSC.

[/ QUOTE ]it is just really annoying, and you def aren't only person who does it, I figure if I make a big deal out of it people will stop doing it.
No worries bro!

razor
01-05-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As he should... formating clean URLs is a piece of cake and anyone who is either too lazy or stupid to do it deserves to be slammed...

personally I think it's sufficient grounds for banning, but that's just me...

Joe Tall
01-05-2005, 07:34 PM
When did El Diablo start making McDonald's commericals?

tripdad
01-06-2005, 06:20 PM
"El Diablo" is spanish for "the Diablo". his friends, however, call him "El" for short.

cheers!

PS...is Clarkmeister "Eskimo" Clark? if so, why didn't you bitch slap that cocky contractor when he flashed his 2-3 offsuit to you and the crowd? El would have.

TylerD
01-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Is he called Steve?

wacki
01-23-2005, 05:01 AM
Please forgive my ignorance, but I just saw this commercial on TV. Who is the El Diablo in the Mc D's commercial? Anyone have a link to a El Diablo website?

Kurwood Derby
01-23-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled......"

He's an internet zillionaire. He has a money bin like Scrooge McDuck. He made a lot of money shorting the potato during the Irish potato famine. Zee tipped him off. The SEC suspected something, since, Zee is from Montana and makes frequent trips to Idaho, but in the end found nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really cute. You like to make Holocaust jokes too?

Sponger15SB
01-23-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He made a lot of money shorting the potato during the Irish potato famine.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is "shorting the potato" some sort of slang for "killing jews"?

Otherwise I don't get it.

Gamblor
01-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Selling Short is an investment decision that involves borrowing shares of a company, selling them immediately, then repaying the purchase price at a later date.

The idea is that if the share price goes down in the future you buy them at a lower price tomorrow and sell them at a higher price today, pocketing the difference.

Risky move - Potential gain is limited (share price can't drop below zero, but potential losses are infinite (share price can rise indefinitely).

david050173
01-24-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont' get it since it makes no sense. During a famine, I would imagine the price would go up not down. So you would lose your shirt if you shorted it. It really has no moral issues like killing a couple million people. Now if El was using all the potatos in Ireland to power his clock radio during the famine, you could argue he is morally bankrupt

wacki
01-24-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please forgive my ignorance, but I just saw this commercial on TV. Who is the El Diablo in the Mc D's commercial? Anyone have a link to a El Diablo website?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump!! Who is the masked man? Is it a spanish wrestler? What?

Ulysses
01-24-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump!! Who is the masked man? Is it a spanish wrestler? What?

[/ QUOTE ]

Luchador (http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:Lx-hudzPPBUJ:the-w.com/thread.php/id%3D23965+mcdonalds+commercial+mask&hl=en&lr=&cli ent=firefox-a&strip=1)

Lawrence Ng
01-27-2005, 07:10 AM
Diablo - as stated in Pagan mythology is the Lord of Terror, the youngest of the 3 brothers Mephisto, Baal and Diablo.

Our El Diablo definitely strikes terror here on 2+2 and respect in that case. I don't know why he changed his name from Ulysses. I'll have to search through the archives for this one.

Lawrence

Voltron87
01-27-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont' get it since it makes no sense. During a famine, I would imagine the price would go up not down. So you would lose your shirt if you shorted it. It really has no moral issues like killing a couple million people. Now if El was using all the potatos in Ireland to power his clock radio during the famine, you could argue he is morally bankrupt

[/ QUOTE ]

You would want to short the stock of potato producing companies and farms.

Subfallen
01-30-2005, 01:28 AM
Is Diablo really female?

Question.

ArchAngel71857
01-30-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if this is a newbie question but who is he? I know people are probably going to throw some joke answers here but I'd like to know the truth or at least a story or something /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

El Diablo is like a drug. You must have more and more and more of El Diablo until there is no El Diablo left. Not even for El Diablo.

Can you catch a falling star without burning your hand? Can you put the sky in your mouth? Can you say to an earthquake 'hey hold still for a minute'? Can you know the mighty ocean? Can you lasso a star from the sky? Can you say to a rainbow 'Hey, stop being a rainbow for a second'? No!

Such is .................... EL DIABLO!!!!!!!!!!

You thought WHAT? That he was WHAT? A [censored]-gay, wee-hoo? NO! El Diablo is as STRAIGHT AS THEY COME!
<font color="white"> And I think he is partying with us next time we go to Vegas. </font>
-AA

bisonbison
01-31-2005, 01:46 AM
Shorting the potato is my new favorite phrase, but only because I assume it's code for "exterminating European jewry."

El Diablo is clearly the dolphin from Huck Finn.

PoBoy321
01-31-2005, 02:35 AM
My figures may be off, but I think that roughly a third of the Irish population died during the potato famine, much of which was exacerbated by British control of the food supply in Ireland. There's nothing really inherently offensive about the joke, but it could be seen to be in poor taste the same way that it might be in bad taste to make a joke about selling matzahs in the '40s (or something to that effect).

Zoltri
01-31-2005, 12:22 PM
El Diablo returned 1,870,000 hits on google.
This guy is famous. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif