PDA

View Full Version : another one from the blinds

bicyclekick
12-27-2004, 06:50 PM
30/60 online decent game.

a likely loose live one limps utg, folded to me in the BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Flop 3/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif

check check.

turn A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
check bet call.

river J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
check bet call.

Doubling12
12-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Call turn, raise river, ok...

Fold turn, ok...maybe better...

Why call, call?

Clarkmeister
12-27-2004, 07:46 PM
Jeez, bet the flop already.

bicyclekick
12-27-2004, 07:50 PM
I messed up, the flop was Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif not K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, not that it really matters.

Clarkmeister
12-27-2004, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I messed up, the flop was Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif not K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, not that it really matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not it doesn't. If you don't bet this flop, what flop *do* you bet?

Nightwish
12-27-2004, 07:53 PM
What was your plan on the flop? Were you going for a check-raise or check-call?

On the river, I think a check-raise is pretty safe. I don't think your opponent has an A, and a flush is unlikely. He is either bluffing or he spiked a J on the river.

Nightwish
12-27-2004, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
JJJ. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bicyclekick
12-27-2004, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

98% of the time I would bet that flop. It's an auto-pilot bet normally. This is part of the reason I'm posting the hand. I'm always trying to play better and in doing so I'm sure I'm not always making the best plays. I decided to take a tommy angelo line on this one.

Flop - as above i'd bet this one about every time, but decided to try the angelo method out of position like this.

Turn - I'm almost sure he doesn't have an ace or 2 hearts as he would have almost surely bet the flop. He may have the k or J of hearts though and my river plan for when I called the turn was fold to any heart or king. (remember flop was Q not k, i just mistyped it in the original post).

River - well if he had a high heart there is a good chance he'll take another stab at it and I'll pick him off. I think this will get more money than betting as I hate it when I'm raised. Check-raising - he has to have something like an ace to pay off, yet not 2 pair. if he 3 bets i probably have to fold. blegh. Pot is small currently so lets not put ourselves in any goofy situations.

bicyclekick
12-27-2004, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do bet that flop. I also post hands where I tried something different that I often [censored] up. I'm glad you're blasting me for not betting the flop, though, as it makes me feel better about my typical play.

I don't always play well. I want to get better.

schroedy
12-27-2004, 08:09 PM
This is very opponent specific, but I am growing to like the Angelo line. I am amazed at how many bluffs I pick off and I absolutely love not having all these raise/fold, or bet/fold sequences going on in full view of all my opponents.

Clarkmeister
12-27-2004, 08:38 PM
ok, that's cool. Just keeping you honest. But generally save these headsup plays for when you have top pair of Aces or Kings and not sixes. There's just too much scary looking stuff that can come on the turn that makes you decide mucking is better than bluff-catching. In this case, the ace is a pretty non-scary card, but what if instead of an ace, the turn had been a King, ten, 8 or 9 and loosey suddenly bets the turn. Do you really want to commit yourself to calling down when you suddenly need him to be bluffing about half the time? Not to mention that you'll let him get there about 1 in 8 times on the turn assuming he has unpaired overs, and then you get nailed there too.

Remember, KISS.

worm33
12-27-2004, 08:56 PM
I assume u were going to checkraise the flop after you checked? Checking and then just letting your opponett dictate the hand I dont like. On the turn I like the check and call and the river same thing. At this point im about 90% sure you lost to q10.

bicyclekick
12-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Thanks very much for the explanation clark. Perfect reasoning/annalysis about the play ok when isn't many/any overcards that can hurt.

I'll get back to betting next time.

Maybe I'll try it more and more with A's and K's and post the hands and see how I like it.

BTW, I don't know waht KISS stands for.

results he had KJo (with no heart) and MHIG.

bugstud
12-27-2004, 11:17 PM
Keep It Simple Stupid

stoxtrader
12-28-2004, 01:13 PM
I dont mind the line except for the river. I like ariver c/r better.

surfdoc
12-28-2004, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am curious here to know how you play this if you lead the flop and get raised. Thoughts please.