PDA

View Full Version : bridge size "accessories"

dfscott
12-27-2004, 06:48 PM
I picked up a set of Copag bridge cards and other than them being just a little too slippery, I'm very happy with them (I'm hoping the slipperiness will fade with use). However, now I'm wondering if maybe poker size would've been better.

I wanted to get a cut card because one of the guys I play with always seems to flash the bottom of the deck when he deals. However, I've never seen a cut card in other than poker size. Is it was simple as just getting a poker sized one and cutting it down to size?

Also, now that I've got my chip case, the slot for the cards is, of course, poker-sized. I don't see any way around this one, but it's kind of a drag since it would be so nice to just put them in the case and have everything together. Maybe I'll make an adapter or something.

DerryABU
12-27-2004, 06:54 PM
Bridge size cutcards are available all over Ebay and also here (http://www.cardsbycopag.com/product2.asp?pid=92).

dfscott
12-27-2004, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bridge size cutcards are available all over Ebay and also here (http://www.cardsbycopag.com/product2.asp?pid=92).

[/ QUOTE ]

I had no luck in ebay -- all the ones I turned up were either poker sized or you had to buy a deck, too.

I also saw the Copag ones, but you have to order a minimum of $5.

I guess it's an excuse to get a new deck...

AZnuts
12-27-2004, 09:52 PM
I've seen bridge sized cut cards on www.holdempokerchips.com (http://www.holdempokerchips.com) and www.pokerchips.com (http://www.pokerchips.com) , but not sure about the minimum order on those.

tomb1
12-27-2004, 10:38 PM
I got a single cut card at http://www.oldvegaschips.com/chipcases3.htm

It's only $1 but I'm sure there's some minimum shipping charge.

- tomb

Mojo Tooth
12-27-2004, 10:50 PM
I have always made my own cut cards. It's easy and extremely cheap.

Go to your local gigamungous grocery store or Walmartish superstore. Go to the school supplies aisle and buy one of the common three-ring binder things that has the floppy vinyl covers. Black is best, but you can use whatever color as long as it's fully opaque. Should run you less than two dollars.

Take the guarantee card from the Copags (not one of the actual playing cards) and lay it on the inside of the front cover of the binder. Trace the outline of the card with a ball-point pen. Use an exacto knife or a rotary cutter and cut out the cut card. Trim the corners a bit. It doesn't have to be very precise to be effective.

You should be able to get as many cutcards as you need from one binder.

playersare
12-28-2004, 02:13 AM
kardwell.com sells cut cards in both bridge and poker size, 4 for $1.50.

on the lederer dvd, howie suggests taping the two jokers from your deck together facing inwards to make a "free" cut card.

B2Cory
12-28-2004, 10:33 AM
Wouldn't people end up confusing it for a regular card? The people I play with would. I like the 3-ring binder idea, that was sweet.

playersare
12-28-2004, 12:07 PM
the people you play with would confuse the free-joker cut card it for a regular card despite that:

- it's got the back design on both sides
- it's twice as thick as the other cards
- it's got tape on the outside

?????

I mean, it's great that you found players so dumb to wager their money with you, but I think even this one is probably foolproof.

the vinyl binder idea sounds like it would be a fun thing to make, but I don't see how the "floppy" material is stiff enough to use for cut card purposes. I already offered the kardwell option of 4/1.50, no additional labor or blade danger necessary.

Fins
12-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Why tape two cards together and not just use the joker as is /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Why not use a joker from the same type of deck but a diff color or even use a totally diff deck but the same size?

I think this would be the easy route but I'll probably just get some cut cards to appease everyone... want some for dealin' BJ anyway.

- Fins

Mojo Tooth
12-28-2004, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

the vinyl binder idea sounds like it would be a fun thing to make, but I don't see how the "floppy" material is stiff enough to use for cut card purposes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you like to use your cut card for, but the vinyl is thick enough to withstand whatever duties I've ever put it through.

[ QUOTE ]
I already offered the kardwell option of 4/1.50, no additional labor or blade danger necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta say, 4 for $1.50 is a decent enough deal if you're not paying shipping anyways. Enjoy.

dfscott
12-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Nice idea -- I hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

TimDugan
12-28-2004, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why tape two cards together and not just use the joker as is /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Why not use a joker from the same type of deck but a diff color or even use a totally diff deck but the same size?

I think this would be the easy route but I'll probably just get some cut cards to appease everyone... want some for dealin' BJ anyway.

- Fins

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, taping the two jokers together makes a thicker card so it won't get easily shuffled into the deck. I bought a two deck set of KEMs a while ago, and we've taped the two jokers together from both decks and use the opposite color jokers on the deck we're currently using.

Basically, it actually makes it easier in the long run to have a thicker card as the cut card than just one joker. At least, that's what we've noticed.

warewulf
12-28-2004, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

- Fins

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I have been doing, still waiting for actual cut cards to arrive. I ordered from holdempokerchips.com.