PDA

View Full Version : 100 + 9 down to 3 with QQ

rbenuck4
12-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Ok, i'm in a 100 + 9 SNG and we are in the money with 3 left. I have 3500 chips, short stack has about 600 chips, and chip leader has around 6000 chips.

I'm on the button with QQ with the blinds at 50 100. I raise to 300, folded to chip leader, who goes all in. What do you do? He has been loose aggressive the whole tournament, and has caught some good hands.

This is an obvious call if the short stack has a bit more chips, but can i possibly fold this just to squeak into 2nd place?

Results in white.

<font color="white">I called and he turns over pocket rockets. I'm out in third. Oh well. </font> <font color="white"> </font>

texasrattlers
12-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Easy, easy, easy ... call. The relative difference in prize money between 3rd and 2nd is not that great. Once I am ITM, I ignore 2nd and shoot for 1st, expect for situations where I only have a few chips and the third place is about to bust -- in this case I don't have much chance at first anyway. But if you double up your 3500 you are in the driver's seat for 1st, and what better hand (except two /images/graemlins/wink.gif) to make a move than QQ.

adanthar
12-27-2004, 07:13 PM
This seems like an ICM calc (if I knew how to do it, that is), but my gut says to call because he's right to do that with any two.

A couple of related questions for someone who can do the ICM:

-If you know Hero calls 20% of the time, which two cards do you need as the BB to go all in?
-If you know the BB will go in with (those two cards), what hands can you call with as Hero?

Glintir
12-27-2004, 07:16 PM
Easy Call.
You're in the money with a premium hand and the aggressive big stack puts you all in. Good! Would have been much harder to get him to call your all in than for you to call his.

But, look at it this way. Folding means you're waiting for shortie to blind out. Which means you're playing for 2nd place, not 1st. AND which means he could get lucky and double up, and now you're the short stack going all in with 9-2 cause you got no choice.

Nope, I'll go out right here with a real hand.

Gramps
12-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Of the times the big stack has KK/AA, I think he'd push over your raise to 300 roughly 0% of the time (okay, once in a great while someone will make that play with one of those hands, but very, very rarely).

If he has AK, oh well, you're still a slight favorite. There's a lot of hands he could do this with that you're a big favorite against. 10% more for 2nd, 30% more for 1st.

Like everyone else says, call (easy). What happens from there happens, calling is still the right play.

rbenuck4
12-27-2004, 08:15 PM
I disagree that I will be forced to go all in at some point, cause i still have 3000 chips and the blinds are only 50 100 at this point