PDA

View Full Version : Damn you Paradise Poker

09-28-2001, 05:31 PM
Four days ago I tried to log into Paradise Poker and my password couldn't be verified. It turns out I've had my account suspended. Granted this has probably saved me a couple hundred dollars over the past four days, but I cannot believe what's happening here.

I wrote them immediately and this is what they told me:

Due to a related account, access to your account has been restricted by our Security Department at this time.

We have recently been notified that this player is disputing several charges made at Paradise Poker. Given the gravity of the situation access to your account will remain

restricted pending resolution of the matter.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

At first I said, fine, I applaud your vigilance over security matters and I won't raise a fuss, just keep me informed of what's happening.

But since then I've heard NOTHING back. Every day I send an email in the morning and one in the evening asking them about my account status. NO ANSWER.

What the hell does it mean 'due to a related account'? What does someone disputing charges made to Paradise Poker have anything to do with my account? Does anyone have any theories on this? PP hasn't responded to me in four days.

natedogg

09-28-2001, 05:38 PM
Any player trying to dispute credit card charges and doesnt want to pay -paradise will freeze evryones account who has anything to do with that player.This includes if you happened to play 1 time at that players computer or he happens to play on your computer.I know someone who had the exact same thing happen to him and they closed his account even though he had nothing to do with it.

09-28-2001, 06:17 PM
Well, "related account" is their phrase for the following:

You used your computer to access someone else's account...hence you were now tied as related.

Someone else used your account from thier computer....hence you were now tied as related.

Sounds like this someone else has a security issue against them and all accounts "related" to this person are frozen.

I ran into this when I went to sit at a table one day and it wouldnt let me!!

I asked why, it was a "related account"? How did that happen?

Well, I played once at a freinds work, while waiting for him to finish so we could go out for the evening. Later on someone else visiting him also played their account from his office, I dont even know this person, but we became "related" by the fact our accounts were played from the same machine at one time or another.

Hope that helps Nate- Jim

09-28-2001, 09:33 PM
They suspect you of cheating, credit fraud, or laundering money.

09-29-2001, 12:12 AM
I have played several times poker at my parents house. my father also has an account that he uses there. My friends have also played paradise at my place from their accounts and I have done the same at thier home. We have had no problems. So, that related must mean something else than someone just playing on some specific computer.

09-29-2001, 12:36 AM
If your dad refused to pay his credit card charges then your account would be frozen.

09-29-2001, 03:27 AM
Are you on Mystery Man's team? Maybe they think you are part of the cheaters in the $1 game. HAHAHA

09-29-2001, 07:46 AM
> What the hell does it mean 'due to a related account'?

> What does someone disputing charges made to Paradise

> Poker have anything to do with my account? Does anyone

> have any theories on this? PP hasn't responded to me

> in four days.

Are you kidding me? You cannot come up with a single valid theory as to why they would have suspended your account?

Do I need to remind you of what you posted four days ago:

>

> Fallacy #3. There is no cheating/colluding at levels

> lower than 20-40.

>

> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> I personally know of people who have done it at the

> 3-6 level (successfully).

>

Who knows, maybe it is just a coincidence.

09-29-2001, 08:10 AM
That seems a fairly likely reason

09-29-2001, 01:58 PM
Big Brother is watching!

I'm scared to post here now!

Miles...So What.

10-05-2001, 12:41 PM
That doesn't surprise me .That place is so rigged its not even funny.