PDA

View Full Version : Quick and Simple DVD burning question

Burno
12-27-2004, 05:04 PM
So I got a DVD burner and it's awesome but when I burn, ahem, backup my movies they play fine at first, but then they occasionally skip backwards to 20 or 30 minutes earlier in the movie.

What's causing this? Could it be the type of DVDR's I'm using? I am using TEON DVD + R 8x. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Burno

Sooga
12-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Yea, I found that some media don't get along very well with certain dvd players.... like some media I used crap out and skip on my player, but when I used them on my friend's dvd player, they're fine. Just experiment with other media (more expensive doesn't necessarily mean better), and find one that works for you.

Burno
12-27-2004, 05:35 PM
Hmm. So could it be the DVD player as well? The one I'm trying it on is a couple years old.

Sooga
12-27-2004, 05:45 PM
Yea, it very well could be.... I bought a new dvd player because the old one I had didn't have component outputs, and the new one played discs that my old onen couldn't... if you go to http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers they have a big db of players and whether they are known to have problems with DVDR's or not. Check it out.