PDA

View Full Version : MS Sunshine to become 'Net poker/Ski bum

09-28-2001, 02:29 PM
That's right, I quit my job in Mississippi and the wife and I are moving to a little ski town up in the mountains in Utah. The elevation at the base is 9,300 feet, I sure the less oxygen will help my poker play.

We will be in a two bedroom/loft right across the street from two ski lifts. A fireplace and a wood burning stove, I always like a choice of places to throw my wireless mouse when I take a bad poker beat.

At the present time I'm trying to kill four hours in the Goodland, KS Public Library, while a heating core is replaced in my car. The wife has taken the Pensky truck on down the road. They have some silly rule here about not downloading poker software here at this library. Is this a common rule in libraries?

Oh, URMeowed, the cats are enjoying the 1600 mile trip. There is nothing like being on the open road, with the windows down, the wind in your hair and two cats meowing like crazy in the background.

We will have some changes. Dial-up connection instead of cable, but the last day in MS I changed OS from Win 98 to Win N/T.

We are planning on winning at internet poker. So, my plan is to lower our limits a little and treat this like a job. My wife's plan is to entice me to ski a lot. I don't see how this will help with our poker winnings, but she says "Don't worry your pretty little head about it, Honey."

I want everyone here, when they play with us, not to worry if they beat us a pot. Just because it will take food from our little, tiny, cute kitties mouths, don't let it bother you. That's poker.

I will give guys a trip report in about a month, if you want. If you guys don't want a trip report, I'll give you two.

Have a nice day.

MS(UT?) Sunshine

09-28-2001, 02:40 PM
Cross country move? Mississippi to Utah is pretty far. Good luck in your new adventure. Trip report always sounds good.

09-28-2001, 02:49 PM
I often read and enjoy your post. Learning that you are moving and plan to play full time gives a little soap opera drama to you post. We will be standing by for the next instalment of SUNSHINE IN UTAH. Good Luck!

09-28-2001, 03:40 PM
"Oh, URMeowed, the cats are enjoying the 1600 mile trip. There is nothing like being on the open road, with the windows down, the wind in your hair and two cats meowing like crazy in the background."

Surprised you didn't FedEx them. Maybe if you had the cats inside the car instead of on top of the car, they wouldn't meow so much.

"I want everyone here, when they play with us, not to worry if they beat us a pot. Just because it will take food from our little, tiny, cute kitties mouths, don't let it bother you. That's poker."

This plea might work if you actually fed your cats on a regular basis. Why don't you try this? You go ski and let your cats play the online poker. You'd be surprised at how your cats will do. And here's a suggestion for a new user id......UTMeowed. That would be so cool!

URMeowed

=^._.^=

09-28-2001, 03:54 PM
URMeowed:

Saw in another thread where someone called your reraise on the turn and called your river bet unimproved with a weak ace.

He must have played with you before, huh?

MS Sunshine

p.s. I did check with FedEx about sending the cats overnight mail, but they couldn't guarantee the cat's safety. I was OK with that, but the wife had issues with that.

09-28-2001, 04:46 PM
Calling with a weak ace to try to pick off a bluff is sure better than popping A9o UTG to rob the blinds because the game is kinda short with two players sitting out. MEOW THAT!!!

URMeowed

=^._.^=

09-28-2001, 06:00 PM
"Calling with a weak ace to try to pick off a bluff is sure better than popping A9o UTG to rob the blinds because the game is kinda short with two players sitting out."

Funny, player did exactly that in pokerstars limit hold em tourney last night. I had AKo in small blind and he won big pot when he spiked a 9 on the turn. I was kinda pissed that I had got knocked out on another 3 outer, but he won the tourney, so what do I know.

PG

09-28-2001, 06:11 PM
Have you tried EMAILING the cats? If you can get them in the floppy slot, I think it's easy from there.

09-29-2001, 12:37 AM
Oh my meow...Don't give UTMeowed any ideas

URMeowed

=^._.^=

09-29-2001, 03:32 AM
Did you ask the cats how they felt about Utah? I am certain cats hate snow, so you better make sure they don't find out where you are going before you get there, or else they might jump out of the window around Texas somewhere.